fourteen.

a/n - i made a curiouscat! you can send me your thoughts/ideas/questions anonymously but pls nothing personal!! it's linked in my bio :D

***

"Cut, cut! Everyone, take five. Chan, I need to speak with you."

Chan groaned, already knowing that he was going to get scolded by his drama professor. It's been evident enough, because Chan had stuttered through most of his lines, even skipping them in hopes of no one noticing, but that's impossible in a group of theatre kids.

Ms. Choi adjusted her glasses as she scanned through Chan's script, then glanced back up at the nervous boy. She sighed, crossing her arms. "The performance is in two weeks. I can't have you messing up in the middle of your scene. Is there anything on your mind that's distracting you?"

"Not particularly. I think I'm just stressed from my other classes," Chan lied right through his teeth. "I promise, I'll take a break to memorize all my lines and won't mess up the practice again."

Truthfully, Chan hasn't been struggling with his studies, it's more so his social life that's been causing him pain more than he's used to. Mingyu, Seungcheol, Junhui, Minghao, Vernon, Jihoon and even Seungkwan. They're all a part of his life, but somehow, there's been something bothering him. He just couldn't figure it out, yet.

And everyone had noticed too. Minghao had asked him multiple times if his mood had anything to do with him, but of course, it didn't.

It felt like everyone was slowly getting frustrated with him. But how could he tell them how he feels when Chan doesn't know either?

"Alright. I'm giving you ten minutes. After that, you better be ready. I've given you enough warnings."

Chan nodded, bowing his head before leaving the stage. He took a seat in the audience and read over his script. He was the main actor so he had to get his mind in gear and stop focusing on pointless things.

Suddenly, he heard the doors creaking, but Ms. Choi was busy talking to students that she hadn't noticed. Chan turned his head, frowning when he realized who it was.

Of course, it had to be Seungkwan of all people.

He wondered what he was even doing in the theatre, of all places. It's not common to see varsity players liking drama, which is ironic, since it's what they (read: Seungkwan) create the most.

Seungkwan scanned the room, looking for someone. He spotted one of his co-actor, Haewon, who was getting her hair done by the stylist.

Haewon? Did he need to talk to her?

Before Seungkwan could even think of taking a step, Chan stopped him by standing directly in front of him. "You can't be in here when we're practicing."

"Where did you—" Seungkwan glared at Chan. "This isn't your business. Just get out of my way."

When Seungkwan took a step to the left, Chan followed him. "There's no reason for you to be in here, and it is my business."

"Aw, is the class president upset?" Seungkwan mocked in a teasing tone.

Chan clicked his tongue, "You're so immature. Fine, go ahead. Just don't come complaining to me when Ms. Choi scolds you."

"Ah, Seungkwan! I've been waiting for you."

Chan watches in disbelief as Ms. Choi walks over, looking between Seungkwan and him curiously. Instead of asking, she shakes her head. "Seungkwan, I need to talk to you about one of your classes."