three.

before you read, i will warn you that there's a brief mention about student/teacher relationships. if that makes you uncomfortable, skip the first paragraph.

sorry about the late update, enjoy!

As Seungkwan entered the lecture hall for professor Jeon's class, he rolled his eyes seeing him and Chan talking to each other. There was a rumor of professor Jeon going around their campus, basically saying that since he's only in his mid twenties, he's had multiple affairs with other professors and students. So he wouldn't be surprised if Chan had a big fat crush on him.

"Ah, Seungkwan. Nice of you to join us," the professor smiled at him, but Seungkwan just ignored him and made a beeline towards the stairs. "There's some supplies over there. Wipe down the desks properly and push in the chairs that are out. If you two need me, I'll be right across the hall."

"Wait," Seungkwan glanced at Chan who stood up abruptly. "You're leaving me with him?"

"You're so immature," Seungkwan snapped.

"Both of you, cut it out," professor Jeon warned both students. "I need to print some assignments and tests. It'll take me a while, but I'm sure the two of you will finish before I get back, so leave once you complete all your tasks."

And just like that, Seungkwan and Chan were left alone in the empty hall.

Seungkwan huffed, taking a seat on one of the desks and putting up his feet. He pulled out his phone and began scrolling.

Chan watched him with disbelief. "You're going to get into trouble if you're on your phone."

"Thanks for the concern, honey," Seungkwan drawled, teasingly. Chan's jaw clenched at the passive aggressive term of endearment. Seungkwan smirked. "That dumb fuck of a teacher literally has no idea what he's doing. Who leaves two students who got in trouble for arguing in an empty room, alone? What's the point in this, anyway?"

"Maybe if you stopped thinking about yourself only, you'd understand why this happened," Chan bit back.

Of course he did.

With Seungkwan and Chan, it was always push and pull. Chan literally has no filter, causing him to piss Seungkwan off, purposely, which makes him fire back as well. From there, it's a competition to see who falls silent first. And usually, it's always a tie. Seungkwan isn't keeping track, because that's another level of pathetic, but it's like they know each other's weaknesses. It's strange, considering they can't stand each other.

"You said the same shit this morning," Seungkwan muttered, already feeling bored. "Try and think of something better. You can do it, can't you?"

Once again, Chan looked like he wanted to rip the phone out of Seungkwan's hands and strangle him to death, which was only amusing for Seungkwan. "Seriously, do you ever shut up?"

"Aren't you the one who started this conversation?" Seungkwan grinned.

Chan put his pen down and stood up. "And you always turn it into an argument!"

For the first time, Seungkwan didn't know what to say to that. He gripped his phone, his knuckles turning white. "I wouldn't have a reason to, if only you'd stop and actually listen to me for once."

"Okay," Chan took long strides until he was in front of Seungkwan's desk, both palms resting against the surface as he leaned against it. "What do you want to say?"

Seeing Chan up close like this, it felt weird. All the years he's known Chan, his expressions always held so much hate for Seungkwan and Seungkwan only. But now... he looked genuine, and it was freaking him out. How can a brat like him look so civilized? Seungkwan shook away his thoughts.