CHAPTER 4

Khan's phone rang as he hopped off the Porsche, which automatically locked after Enzy stepped out of the passenger's seat. He pulled out the phone from his pocket while looking at his reflection from the window and fixed his hair.

"Hello? Yes, we just arrived at uni." he flicked away some hair covering his eyes while Enzy stood silently away from him for a few steps.

He straightened up and leaned against his car. Enzy gestured, asking whom he was talking to on the phone.

"Dad," Khan said as he covered his phone and resumed speaking with his father on the other line. "Yeah, I'm with Enzy."

Enzy looked around to ensure no parking guards or students were approaching as Khan listened to his father's instructions.

"Got it. We'll be there tonight ... Yes, with Najak and Tahel ... Right, see you later." He ended the call and approached Enzy. "Let's go."

"What did the chairman say?" Enzy inquired as they headed to the school building.

"We need to report to him tonight," Khan replied without looking at Enzy. "He wants to know what happened during the trip."

Enzy nodded. "The chairman must be anxious to know what the Virilis has said about the weakening peace treaty."

"Yeah. Dad wanted us to drive to the villa now, but I wanted to meet Najak and Tahel first. I wonder what they're doing right now."

Enzy gave out a short chuckle. "Well, they're probably having a good time while we're gone."

They walked through the crowd of students in the corridors, and the once-bustling halls had become silent. Khan felt the stares directed at him and Enzy, but this isn't unusual.

Enzy was the son of the current university chancellor, so most of the students recognized him. At the same time, Khan was a university figure whom even the high officials appeared to respect, so those around him thought he wasn't the type to mess with. He gave off the vibe of coming from an influential family. They were also tall, towering over everyone in the hall, making them difficult to miss.

"I feel like a unicorn with all these eyes on me," Enzy muttered as they walked down the long corridor.

"Yeah," Khan said and leaned towards Enzy, whispering his next sentence. "But I feel like more of a werewolf or something."

"Oh, shut up." Enzy adjusted his eyeglass with his index finger as Khan grinned at his reaction.

As their footfall sounded on the floor, Khan glanced at his watch when he sensed an approaching flying object. He caught it with his right hand without looking, just as Enzy was about to reach it.

"Oh, sorry, man," said the boy strolling towards them with the other three students trailing behind him, chewing his gum with his mouth open. "Can't help the ball landing on you."

Enzy grabbed the ball from Khan's grasp and took a step closer to them. "It is not allowed to play in the corridors. Take your ball and go play somewhere else," he said, handing over the ball.

"Sure." While looking at Enzy, the student took the ball and dribbled it. "What? This is just dribbling. It's not playing," and he laughed as he turned back to his group.

Enzy's jade eyes narrowed. "I suggest you cooperate before I put this in your student records."

The student raised his brows at Enzy's remark.

"You're going to do what, four eyes? You can't do anything with me. My father has a share in this university," he said condescendingly, ensuring the students heard him mention his father having a share at UZ.