CHAPTER 12

Shion welcomed them with a smile, still dressed in his school uniform. His light blonde hair reflected the various colors of party lights.

"Let me show you the way."

He said, then turned around and started walking away. Enzy shifted his gaze to Khan, who nodded, confirming to follow Shion's lead.

The two walked through the dancing crowd, towering over and drawing everyone's attention. Khan tried to control his breathing as the air was heavy with the acrid stench of liquor and sweat. He looked around, scanning the tipsy students their age who were having a good time without realizing they were in a dangerous place.

As they walked up the stairs, some female students knocked into them, and one clung to Khan's arm after she had lost her balance. He lowered his gaze to the girl.

"Are you okay?" Khan asked her while trying to move her grasp from his arm.

The girl just stared at him, her eyes wide. It took a few more seconds for her to blink and curl her lips into a smile. "I'm fine. T-thank you."

Khan forced a smile and turned to Enzy, who had no trouble ignoring the other girl that approached him. He let out a sigh and turned to face the girl.

"Would you mind letting go of my arm?"

Shion came to a halt and looked back at them. His gaze flickered from Khan to the girl next to him.

"Girls, don't be rude to our guests," Shion said as he took a couple of steps down to approach them. His eyes darkened as he looked at the girl. "Let him go."

The girl, whose face turned pale, immediately let go of Khan's arm.

"Psyche, let's go." Another girl nervously said and pulled her hand. They hurried down the stairwells without looking back.

Khan tapped his creased sleeves lightly. Enzy offered him a sanitizer, but he refused by raising his hand.

"I'm sorry about that," Shion said brightly and flashed a smile. "Let's go."

They continued to follow him and strolled through a few more second-floor rooms before seeing the corner room. The closer their steps were, the darker it got.

Khan remembered their hesitation after receiving the invitation card from Shion. Aside from the address, it had a note saying they came not to cause any trouble, but they wanted something in return.

They better keep their word.

Shion finally stopped in front of a door that opened wide without him touching it. Khan and Enzy stepped into the spacious dim-lit room.

They saw the other six vampires inside the room, sitting, with four of them holding glasses containing dark red liquid both of them assumed was blood.

"We're sorry, we didn't prepare flesh or raw meat

"We're sorry, we didn't prepare flesh or raw meat. How rude of us."

One of the vampires spoke condescendingly, and Khan recognized who it was. He smirked as his gaze was drawn to Jaan and examined the glass he was holding.