A Beginning & A New Friend (unedited)

*sign language*

It's been so long but nothing has changed. I still suffer every day, and nobody cares. The UA entrance exam is in seven months, so I'm really excited for that. I've been training a lot with my quirk at an abandoned beach.

The beach in full of trash and other useful scraps. I've been cleaning and using some of the heavier items as weights so I can gain some muscle before the exam.

I try not to show my emotions anymore. Before Inko's death I wore my heart on my sleeve but now tears lead to getting false comfort and bruises, and smiles with laughter leads to a bleeding nose.

I haven't spoken in a while either. When I'm aloud to I use sign language as much as I can. I had learned it because kacchan is slowly losing his hearing from his quirk. Never thought I would end up using it for myself.

I wish I still worked at the cat cafe. This one guy, Aizawa I think his name was alway made me laugh.

I've been wearing my mask every day, unless I'm eating, to make sure people don't stare, they make me uncomfortable. I don't understand, I used to not feel this way but now I do.

Right now I'm walking back 'home'. I've been making sure to eat something before I get back, so I've actually had food that day. But it's really hard with the not having money and all.

As I walk past an alley, munching on the last piece of my granola bar I found on the ground by Aldera, I hear a whimper coming from the shaded space.

I think something's crying. Pulling up my mask and taking a slow step inside, I make my way down the alley. The noise is getting louder. I thought it sounds like a wounded animal but its to human for that and it's muffled as if someone is...... muzzled.

Once I finally get far enough I see someone. They looks around my age, purple gravity defying hair and big lavender eyes with tears threatening to spill over.

Once I catch their eye they coward away shaking with fear. I can tell their hurt and need my help but they obviously think I'mgoing to hurt them.

I slowly crouched down into a sitting position, my hands in my lap to show that I'm not going to hurt him. Once they look a bit calmer, their breath evening out, I slowly raise my hands slowly and ask *do you know sign language*.

When I finish signing they look backup to my face and slowly nods. I smile through my mask, trying to be reassuring and sign again *do you want my help*.
They ignore my question and signs *are you deaf.*
*no* I reply *I sign by choice.*
which isn't a full lie. Speaking just stops working with me sometimes. It feels like my throat closes up, stopping me from speaking.
*just get this thing off me.*they demand.

Nodding my head I reach into my bag and grad a razor and scoot towards them. They flinch away but I still keep going. When I'm close enough I grab a strap pull on it lightly and cut the cheap leather.

I slowly remove it and throw it down the alley. They have some bleeding so I cut my finger which confuses them "what are you do-" their voice is raspy so I cut them off by rubbing my blood on their cuts, healing them.

they fully heal and I stand and sign *sorry for using my quirk on you, I know those kind of cuts hurt*.
Realization spread across their face. They must have been curious about my mask.

All of the sudden they stood, grab my wrist "Wait!" They stuttered "I-I want to tell to you more. Can I um have your number or something."

Considering it I side my backpack off one shoulder and grab a pen then write my number to their hand that was still attached to my wrist. Noticing what they were doing, they removed their hand and snaked it to the back of their neck muttering a sorry.

With both of us standing I can take a look at them. Their much taller than me and have a fair amount of muscle. My heart started racing in my chest. *you seem strong, why don't you fight back.* I ask
They looked down and replied "if I fight back then I'll prove I'm a villain just like they say."

Not knowing what to do I pat his head and whisper "it okay" obviously shocking him.
"Shinso, Shinso Hitoshi"
*Midoriya Izuku* thinking for a moment I continue *my pronouns charge frequently*.
The taller teen, shinsou's eyes widen until a small lopsided smile gazes their face. Then they raise their hands *I use use he/him*

After awhile of us just talking and signing we find we have alot in common, but it starts to be getting late and I needed to leave.

As we part ways we continue to wave to each other he's out of view. I start actually walking home a buzz from my back pocket steals my attention. Message, unknown: hey Midoriya, its shinsou
it read. Another buzz comes as I press on the notification unknown: I wanted to make sure I have the right number.

As I change the contact name and send back a thumds up when I realize something.

I reach up to my face stop walking and feel my mouth is in a stretch up position. Shinso made me smile. A real smile.
.
.
.
Shinso. Hitoshi.