Chapter 28

Kaylee's POV

"You know, I never thought you had it in you Lucas." Brandon starts as he drops his stuff into the tailgate of his truck. "Tripping Peeks on purpose, got you some extra brownie points." Brandon raised his hand for a high-five which Lucas returned causing him to smile. Lucas was the baby of Brandon's group, the youngest of them all, and I could tell he just wants to make Brandon proud of him. I give Lucas a small smile before giving his arm a squeeze with my hand.

"Kaylee, you ready to go?" I look over to see Weston and Grayson sitting on the hood of my new jeep waiting for me. "Mom's expecting us home for dinner, she's making her homemade chicken marinara." Grayson's face looked so excited causing me to smile again. I nod before turning to Brandon and giving him a small hug and say goodbye to the group, than walking over towards my brothers.

"Are you ever gonna tell your precious boyfriend the truth Kaylee?" Cameron rounded out from behind my jeep when I got farther away from Brandon and his friends.

"Shut up Cameron, don't do this here." I push out in a hushed voice. Grayson and Weston slide off the hood before trying to take a step inbetween me and Cameron. "I'm planning on telling him, just for now, mind your own business and stay away from me." I open my door before climbing into my seat. Weston and Gray climb in a second later looking slightly upset.

"He said you have until the end of the week to tell Brandon, or he will. He said he promises that everyone will know before Brandon though." Weston mumbles just enough for me to hear him. FUCK! I thought. This motherfucker is really planning on making me tell my boyfriend that my dad had apparently promised him my hand in marriage when we were kids and now their is now way out of it.

Flashback to this morning

"Kayls, can you come to the living room for a minute please?" My dads voice echos into the kitchen as I throw away from trash from the muffin I just ate. I look at Bryson and Weston confused before walking into the living room with them following.

"Oh dear, we only need Kaylee babies. You can go back to whatever you boys were doing." Mom says while sitting next to dad on the loveseat. Across from them sat a boy with dirty blonde hair roughly mine and Bryson's age maybe a year older, an older lady with blonde hair, and an older man with brown hair which was slightly turning gray.

"We were actually about to leave for school. We can wait on Kaylee though." Bryson took a seat on the armrest next to where I was sitting, Weston sat down next to me still eating his muffin.

"Boys, please. We don't need you guys interferring with this." Dad says in a serious tone. It was as if I could feel Bryson's entire mood switch.

"Sorry dad but if i involves Kaylee, it involves me." Bryson challanges dad's entire mood. Dad huffs quietly before giving up and mumbling a quiet whatever.

"Kaylee, darling this is the Peeks family." Mom starts off. "This is their son Cameron and he's going to be going to school with you guys. I would like for you to show him around." I look at my mom slightly confused.

"Normally when someone needs to get shown around, you get asked to do it at school and not in your living room before school." I say before readjusting my stance.

"The schools not gonna ask for you to show him around because they don't know the circumstances." Dad says while fiddling with mom's hands. I raise an eyebrow towards him before he refuses to meet my stare.

"What circumstances dad? What are you talking about?" Weston speaks up finally finished with his muffin. Dad finally looks up and meets my stare. Regret filled his eyes as he quickly looked away towards Cameron and his parents. I look towards them too. His mother was giving me a soft welcoming smile while his father had a blank stare going on. Cameron on the other hand had a sicking smirk on his face.