Chapter 18

Brandon's POV

I look up from my documents as a knock sounds on my office door. "Come in" I call as I look back down at my papers. The door opens as my brother steps into my office.

"What Jaden?" I ask. I sign my name on the dotted line and date it right next to my name. I look up to see my brother sitting in one of the chairs across from me.

"We need to talk." I set me pen down knowing he meant business. "Its about the Westside." I groan.

"Jaden. We arent having this discussion. Shes staying here." I say about to pick up my pen. Jaden's hand snatched the pen off my desk and throws it behind him.

"No Brandon. We are having a conversation. We have built an empire here and you're just gonna let some girl come and ruin it for us?" Jaden calls out.

"We built an empire? No Dad built this empire. You aren't even getting anything out of it. Im the rightful leader. I'm his actual son. You weren't born into this life Jaden, I was." I say standing up. My hands were placed on the desk.

Jaden chuckles darkly. "You're supposed to be a gang leader Brandon. Not some sappy lovesick boy. You're supposed to be heartless."

"You're walking on thin ice Jaden." I threaten. He smirks.

"What are you gonna do? Pull out that dangerous gang leader that we all know? The one who would kill for what he wants? How about you do it. Show everyone what you are really made of." Jaden chuckles. "Maybe than you'll show Westside that you mean business."

I grab the collar of his shirt and throw him against the wall. "Shut the fuck up Jaden that was the old me. The me before her." I yell. I grab my gun from my waistband and point it at him. A small gasp sounds behind me and a smirk forms on Jaden's face.

I turn around slowly to see Kaylee standing in the doorway. Tears were glistening in her eyes as her hands were cupped over her mouth.

"No Kaylee. Its not what it looks like." I say dropping Jaden to the ground. I put my gun back in my waistband as she takes a step away from the door frame. "Kaylee please let me explain."

Kaylee turns and bolts out of view. "There's always a villain in the story, in this story we're the villains." Jaden says slowly getting up off the ground holding his throat. I roll my eyes before rolling my eyes and turning towards my door.

"Kaylee please let me explain." I ask walking into my bedroom. Kaylee was putting everything back into her bag. "Where are you going?" I ask.

"Home away from you." She replies before zipping up her bag.

"Kaylee please let me explain." I beg. She turns and looks me in the eye. Her eyes were a cold blue piercing into mine.

"I cant believe that i actually thought that you could be the good guy in the story, maybe even the hero. But i was so wrong. You are just the villain." She grabs her bag and walks out my door. Her words hurt enough to were i couldn't follow her.

I could hear the front door open and close as she walks out. "I told you Brandon. We're just the villains here." Karen's voice echoes through my room. I grab my gun. Before turning towards him.

I shoot at him barley missing on purpose. "I said shut the fuck up. I will kill you. Dont think I wont just because we're 'family'." I spit out. I walk past him back to my office.

"What was that about B." My mom asks coming up the stairs as I past them. "I heard a gun shot and i came running." I roll my eyes and keep walking.

"You can't shoot at me and just walk away Brandon. That's not us." I stop midstep before turning and looking at him.

"No. You wanna know what's not us? You getting involved in my love life. You just can't let me be happy can you?" I yell. "Everything good in my life you run off or you kill them." Mom steps between us.

"You two are brothers, figur-" I interrupt her.

"He's no brother of mine." I turn and walk to my office and close the door. I pick up my pen off the floor and sit back down in my chair and start reading the next document.