Chapter 15

Kaylee's POV

"Guys, I'm fine really. There's nothing to worry about." I say. My brother's have been hovering over me for the past couple of days and waiting on me hand and foot and it's starting to get annoying.

"We are just worried about you Kayls. You mean the world to us and we'll do anything to protect you from this ugly world."Dylan says. I smile at him and give him a hug.

"Guys, I love you and all but leave. I'm fine. Nothing's gonna happen, it's just cheer practice. I'll meet you guys by the baseball field at the end of practice." I say before turning towards Logan. "I promised you that I would wear your jersey this game so fork it over dork." Logan laughs before handing over his away game jersey since the game was at home. "Now out." I say pushing them out of the gym.

"They just love you Kaylee and wanna make sure you are okay." Bella says. I give her a slight glare before turning and starting my stretches. 

"Okay ladies, I'll make this practice short and sweet. Give me 5 laps around the track." I say before starting to jog.

"Kaylee. Please just listen to them." Bella says after our 4th lap.

"No Bella. I'm okay. I'm fine. Nothings wrong with me. Drop it. I mean it." I say before speeding up my pace finishing my 5th lap. "Alright ladies, stretch then pyramids then we are done. We all have places to be today." I call out as everyone finishes.

"Wanna stretch?" I turn to see Sophia standing behind me. I smile at her and nod.

The whole time we were stretching, not once did she ask me about if I was okay and I was greatful for that. "Alright ladies. Pyramids, lets go." I call out helping Sophia up off the ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm fine." I said as I held my phone up between my shoulder and my ear.

"I know honey. I'm just worried about you." My aunt Lori says.

"I know Aunt Lori, but I promise you, I'm fine." I say looking towards the field trying to spot my brothers and friends. "You don't have to worry about me." I say finally spotting the boys.

"I know baby but I do. You're my only niece and I'm just protective of you." Aunt Lori explains. I smile and nod my head knowing that she can't see me.

"Alright Aunt Lori. I have to go now but I'll see you next weekend at the barbecue." I say as the boys turn around and start waving at me.

"Alright bye honey." she says before hanging up. I never seem to get the last word with her. I smile and put my phone into my back pocket. I wave back at the boys before going to sit next to Isabella.

"Alright. You listen to me and you listen good. I love you Kaylee. You're my best friend, but I'm gonna be damned if I let you be miserable in life. You deserve so much more than that Eastside Druggie." Isabella suddenly says. I look at her in shock.

"I love you too Bells and I'll admit I was being a bit harsh today. I'm just tired of them never leaving me alone." I say looking back out to the field where our team was in the outfield warming up and stretching.

"I know honey but we care about you a lot and we just want you to be happy. Look you can be happy with Logan or Carson. They like you a lot. Hell Carson got into a fight for you and ended up with bruises and a fractured wrist. Girl if you don't get with him, I'll set him up with somebody myself." She says pointing behind me.

I turn to see Carson Mitchells walking towards us wearing his baseball jersey, khaki shorts, and a cast on his left arm. Bruises covered his arms and a couple on his face. The smile on his face made me smile back at him. "Hey beautiful's." He says sitting between us and kissing our cheeks. We laugh and give him a hug. He hugs us back to his body while chuckling.

"Hey Mitchells." Bella says. He smiles at her before turning to me.

"Hey dork." I say. He chuckles and hugs me again before kissing the top of my head.

"Mitchells, if you don't keep your lips off my older sister, you will end up hurt." A voice says. We turn to see Greyson standing there with a smirk on his face with Weston right behind him laughing. Carson chuckles before sticking his hands up playfully.

My brothers chuckle before jogging over to sit with us. Weston was wearing his JV baseball jersey and Weston was just wearing a track and field t-shirt but both of them were wearing blue jeans. "Hey sis and future sis." They say in sinc. Isabella laughs slightly while i roll my eyes. They both kiss my forehead as if i was younger than them.

"Welcome ladies and gentleman to tonight's game, where we will see the rivals face off in an unexpected game called by both captains." Carson, Weston, and Greyson all tense up as the announcer talks.

"Did he just say that the captains called for this game?" Bella asks. I nod before turning towards my two brothers and Carson. They gulp before looking at me.

"You boys are unbelievable." I say before standing up and walking towards the home dugout.

"To start with we are gonna announce the away team, the Eastside Pirates starting with left field,  Michael Crawford-" I drown out the announcer as i storm into the dugout. The boys were huddled around something all looking at me.

"Move or I'll make you." I say spotting Logan. His eyes widen before he gulps and shakes his head. I glare at him. "You boys are unbelievable. You guys want me to be fine, call this game. I don't want to see him." Logan's eyes soften before looking back at something in the field.

I look in the direction of where hes looking to only find Brandon looking at me frozen in the field. Jaden stood next to him glaring at me. Tears start to fill my eyes as I quickly look away. "I can't believe you Bryson. I'm going home." I say before turning and walking towards the doorway of the dugout. Arms wrap themselves around me before i could reach the doorway causing me to start crying.

"I'm so sorry twinny, but I'm not gonna allow him to think he can just mess with my sister. His ego wraps around baseball and his gang and I'm taking him down, one at a time." Bryson says hugging me. Logan comes up and wraps his arms around me too. One by one the whole team starts to join the hug.

"I wanna go back to the stands." I say sniffling. Bryson nods into my shoulder before letting me go. I look back at the field to see Brandon was standing in the same place still looking at me. His eyes held so much emotion that I couldn't understand. His team was now surrounding him, some looking at me in curiousity and some are glaring like Jaden.

"Alright, go to the stands." Bryson said drying my tears. He lightly pushes me to the doorway. I turn and give him a slight glare before walking out.

"Now introduce your home team, the defending champions, the Westside Raiders." The announcer drags on.

"Get on with it Lucas." somebody yells out from our side of the stands causing me to chuckle as I sat down the everybody again. Bella gives me a small smile as I sat back down. 

"Alright fine Jake. Starting in left field, Austin Conway." Lucas says as Austin runs out towards centerfield where the outfielders gather. I look over towards where Brandon is stand only to see he was still looking at me. I zone out while looking into his blue eyes.

"Dude, Royals is next." Weston says pulling me back to reality. I look away from Brandon towards the field.

"Starting on first base, Carson Royals." Carson runs out onto the field to second base where they gather. "Now finally what everyone has been waiting for. Your starting pitcher and co-captain, Logan Aceeeeeeeeeeee." Lucas announces. Logan runs out onto the field to the pitchers mound and does a back flip. "Your starting catcher and captain of the Westside Raiders, Bryson Jackkkkkkksoooooooon." Bryson walks out onto the field in his catchers gear. He reaches Logan and they do their handshake before looking towards the stands where we were sitting. Bryson smiles before nodding while Logan winks.

"Everybody please rise for the national anthem." Everyone stands up as the anthem plays and looks at the flag.

As the anthem ends, some people start to clap. "Let's play some ball." Lucas announces before our teams spreads out as Eastsides first batter walks to home plate.

This is gonna be a long game.