TWO

juniper let out a quiet breath as she continued stapling the flyers to the bulletin boards

juniper let out a quiet breath as she continued stapling the flyers to the bulletin boards. she'd already visited six, and that was one building alone. her new school had eight separate buildings.

dropping back onto her feet, the girl quietly admired the paper, hoping it was visible enough to grab the attention of at least one interested student. of the ones she'd passed, most were too busy looking down at their phones to even notice juniper pass by at all.

by the time she reached the second building, the girl was already beginning to realize how dumb this was. the whole idea behind it was that the six new, foreign influencers wanted to gain some popularity in a new country.

they'd met online, quickly forming an underrated friendship and collaborating on works, which brought in quite a bit of new followers. now, they were all going to the same university... in korea.

running a careful hand through her curls, juniper decided to focus on the tasks ahead. she'd been so distracted that she accidentally stapled the sleeve of her sweater against the board.

yelping in surprise, juniper dropped the flyers and bit her lip as she groaned in frustration. she struggled to pull the staple from the fabric, her knee pressed against the wall after attempting to catch some of the fallen papers.

"you new here?"

snapping her head towards the incoming voice, juniper felt her cheeks flush bright pink when she remembered the awkward position she was in. "uh," the girl stammered, trying frantically to pick the staple out of the corkboard while maintaining eye contact with the stranger. "yeah..."

the male nodded before running a hand through his slightly messy hair. she tried not to focus on the fact that he was the prettiest boy she'd ever laid eyes on. "cool. not many people start in the summer. need a hand?"

no, the curly-haired girl wanted to snap, but she didn't really think she was in the position to turn him down. "yes, please. if you don't mind, can you pick up the flyers?"

he did as told, gathering the fallen papers as juniper finally pulled herself free from the board, mentally cursing when she saw a slight tear in her sweater.

she turned to retrieve the papers when she noticed the boy was reading them. juniper instantly felt her mouth go dry, releasing an uncomfortably chuckle as she shifted her weight between both feet.

this was much less nerve-wracking when the other students didn't know who put them up.

when he finally looked up, there was a small smirk pulling at his lips, "so, you're an influencer?" juniper quickly pulled the flyers back and hugged them to her chest. "yes! i mean, i'm not that big yet, but i'm working on it. "

"that's still cool. whether you have lots of followers or not, it takes guts to do something like this." he gestured to the papers against her chest, and juniper felt the corner of her lips twitch into a shy smile.

when she realized she was staring, the girl cleared her throat and looked away. "well, thanks for helping me! hopefully, you weren't in a hurry to get
somewhere."

he shrugged, "it's just orientation. no one cares about it, anyway. most people went in the fall." a short laugh followed his words, and juniper felt her stomach flip.

uh oh. i thought novi was the hopeless one!

pulling the flyers closer to her chest, juniper smiled again and stepped around the boy. "thanks, again! maybe i'll see you around." with that, she scurried off without turning back.

jesus, june. school hasn't even officially started yet and you're already melting over some pretty boy!

huffing a sigh, the girl decided to push the thought from her head and continue doing her rounds around the campus. she was so determined to finish before it got dark that juniper didn't even hear her phone ding in her back pocket.

HVNJ1N5 started following JUNISGEMS

•IM SORRY IF THIS IS BORING, NEXT PART WILL BE MORE INTERESTING <3

IM SORRY IF THIS IS BORING, NEXT PART WILL BE MORE INTERESTING <3