FIFTY-EIGHT

"bro, have you seen sausage party?"

"oh my god, why would you ask me that—"

"no, but like, what if our food is alive? like, what if, what if..." juniper trailed off as her train of thought became a hazy mess. she'd had edibles before but never smoked until about an hour ago.

"i'm gonna puke,"

"you're not gonna puke."

"i'm gonna puke—" the girl groaned as she fell back against the bean bag she was comfortably sitting on, pressing the heels of her palms against her eyes with a wince. "i think i'm legitimately dying. is my soul leaving my body?"

jaemin stretched his legs out in front of him with a long sigh, deciding too late that this was a bad idea.

the group ended up in karina's dorm after the performance, and needless to say, they were all quite shocked at the amount of weed their friend had stashed in her room.

juniper rolled onto her side, scanning the dorm as she mindlessly played with jaemin's fingers. "i think you're my best friend. other than nova, of course. she's my person. oh, and other than yoshi and soobin; they're my people. but you're fourth. my fourth person."

jaemin's lips curled back into a grin. "wow, i'm really, truly honored to be your fourth person."

"good. cause i'm pretty great."

"you are," he laughed, eyes drifting to where juniper was holding his hand. he liked that they were in their own world; that in a room full of people, it was just the two of them.

hyunjin and felix were seated not too far away, tangled in an innocent mess of limbs as they whispered words to each other that left them giggling. yoshi and haechan were teasing a red-faced renjun and a very high yangyang, both wearing matching frowns as yeji and lia joined in.

"you should kiss now," the typically bubbly girl exclaimed as she flicked her head between the roommates. "listen lady, we're full-time cat dads. we don't kiss on the job."

"so you kiss when you're off duty?"

"n-no!"

"aha! busted!" yeji jumped in joy, her long pigtails bouncing wildly with her as lia forced her to still. "babe, calm. you haven't even smoked anything."

yoshi shrugged before letting his head fall heavily onto haechan's shoulder. "don't know. could be secondhand."

lia sighed, running her fingers through her hair when her roommate suddenly burst into laughter. haechan, grinning deviously, leaned over and placed a kiss on yoshi's forehead, causing the older to flinch back in surprise.

watching the scene unfold, upside down, juniper let out a string of giggles. "why is everyone an affectionate drunk? drunk? i mean druggie, jesus," she laughed again, at herself this time, and rolled onto her side to face jaemin instead of the ceiling.