SIXTY-ONE (jaemin ending)

"who is it?"

"who is it?"

"me. open the door."

sure enough, the door opened to reveal a messy-haired jaemin, clad in only a t-shirt and some jogger pants. juniper forced her eyes to stay on his rather than observe his attire any longer. "we need to talk."

jaemin rubbed his tired eyes but opened the door a bit wider for the girl to slip inside. "about what?" he bit back a yawn. "didn't you just hang up on me?"

"well... yes, but listen," june rushed out, kneading her fingers as she spun around to face her co-worker. "i, um... well, i wanted to talk about that night, and—"

"there's nothing to talk about," jaemin said, his voice suddenly clear. his eyes were trained on hers, searching for what she was trying to say, and based on his next words, he failed to spot it. "we weren't ourselves. it was a mistake."

but... "y-yeah, that's what i was gonna say..." damn it, juniper park.

jaemin took juniper by the hand and forced a smile to his lips. "don't worry, i understand. you and eric have something, i get it. i'll be okay, don't worry about me."

furrowing her brows, june opened her mouth to ask what he was talking about when his phone suddenly rang.

she had more to say but now wasn't the time. jaemin shot her one last martyr smile before answering his phone, and june suddenly couldn't stand to be in the same room as him.

had she not quite literally thrown herself at him the night before? was he not the person she called in her time of need? was she not standing in his dorm, dressed in her pajamas, trying to tell him how she really felt?

without another sound, juniper left.

juniperi love him

juniper
i love him

juniper
i'm in love with him and i
literally cannot verbalize my
thoughts this is awful

yoshi
woah woah WAIT

yoshi
LOVE????!!!

soobin
you picked one?? WHO