FIVE

juniper stood, gently fidgeting with her cell phone as she waited for any messages from the new group chat

juniper stood, gently fidgeting with her cell phone as she waited for any messages from the new group chat. it'd been quiet, and she was silently beginning to doubt that anyone was going to show up.

"no way! i lived in japan for a few months with my aunt and her husband. it's so beautiful, especially in springtime when all the cherry blossoms—oh, juni!" november's rambling was cut short when her smiling eyes landed on her best friend.

the said girl pushed herself away from the wall she'd been leaning on, instantly approaching the small group with a giant smile. "hey! you came!"

their usual streaming group was there, plus an additional three students that juniper quickly began greeting.

lia sighed when the curly-haired girl asked about her roommate, eyes rolling back into her skull. "yeji said she wanted to come, but she's 'designing a logo for her new jewelry brand'."

"one hundred percent support," felix added excitedly as he threw an arm around the grumpy girl in the pink bucket hat.

finally making her way towards the unfamiliar pair, juniper gave a warm smile and waved. "sorry, i can't put a face to a name to save my life. i'm juniper, by the way. my friends call me june."

the boy quickly reciprocated her kindness, waving back with a cute eye-smile of his own. "i'm jeno. that's yuzuki," he pointed at the girl with choppy brown hair.

"i wish renjun was here," she mindlessly sighed, a soft pout falling on her lips, "now we're just bad bitch 2 and 3."

as the two began talking amongst themselves, june turned towards the final person yet to be greeted. her smile momentarily turned shy. "so that makes you hyunjin."

"and you, juniper. it's great to finally put a name to you, flyer girl." he teased, arms crossed over his chest and a sort of smirk across his mouth.

wow, this man is no joke. he can't possibly be single, can he?

before she could decide if she wanted to ask or not, felix appeared beside the both of them. "everyone's here and introduced! are we gonna start vlogging now? oh! and can we get lunch after?"

smiling at his enthusiasm, juniper dropped her head onto felix's shoulder and nodded. "i've got my camera fully charged!"

as the australian began pulling the two towards the rest of the group, the girl managed to catch hyunjin's wandering gaze. without an ounce of hesitation, she sent him a brief, playful wink. he didn't have time to react, as the others in the group instantly suggested potential film destinations for the vlog and lunch choices.

juniper clung to felix, her other arm looping around november's when she appeared at her best friend's side. "this is gonna be fun."

"i'm so scared my gems are going to like the new people more than us," june partially joked, "gems" being her fandom name. they lived up to their title, being openly fond of pretty things juniper showed in her vlogs.

she thought back to when she was almost canceled for not planting flowers outside of her minecraft house.

yangyang, who overheard her, pointed a finger at hyunjin, "girl, you're gonna need to gate keep this one. he won't last a day with your fans." true.

"hyunjin knows what he's getting himself into—"

"i do?"

"—plus, i can always blur his face out if he's uncomfortable." she turned to look at him directly after speaking those words, making sure he was aware she wouldn't showcase his looks without his consent.

yuzuki cleared her throat, "well, if it means anything, i wanna be on the cover."

"you mean the thumbnail?" jeno corrected, earning a glare from the female. juniper looked between the two for a moment before narrowing her eyes with a thin-lipped smirk, "are you two dating~?"

they both snapped their heads towards her, "what?!" "ew!" "that's so disgusting, i cannot believe... oh god, i pictured it!" the two scurried off, making vomiting sounds as they did.

november dropped her head on juniper's shoulder. "i think they'd be cute."

"not gonna happen," yangyang folded his arms over his chest, "they hang out at the dorm with renjun a lot. i got curious and asked who'd date who, and they both instantly said renjun. no hesitation."

the female best friends turned towards each other and exchanged silent looks, the corners of their puckered lips slowly curving upwards.

catching the mischievous expressions, yangyang groaned and exaggeratedly fluffed out his hair. "oh my god, don't think another word!"

•HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY TO kites4jun 💕(i wanted to publish this earlier but kept getting side tracked)

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY TO kites4jun 💕
(i wanted to publish this earlier but kept getting side tracked)