Chapter 6: A Villain's Gift

Quackity may be a villain that enjoyed mass destruction, but he enjoyed watching his nemesis save people.

Part of him found it entertaining; watching Wilbur try his hardest to protect the masses. It was cute how he tried so hard to be a great hero but would ultimately never get the attention he wanted. The people enjoyed watching heroes punch villains, rescues just weren't as entertaining.

Of course, Quackity found them plenty fun to watch. Then again, he liked watching people get themselves in stupid situations. Seeing his songbird was just an added bonus. Observing how the other avian performed in those rescues was another thing the villain liked watching. Wilbur was truly a sight to see when he was in his element, soaring through the air with purpose. The taller avian was so much more confident when he knew what he was doing.

And that made making the magpie avian flustered all the more enjoyable. Quackity couldn't help himself at times, it was adorable seeing the hero blush and get embarrassed. He was just so...reactive. The smallest compliment always seemed to make the other man short circuit.

It made him glad that he decided to look into the eldest Minecraft twin when he did.

When he had begun to rise in power in the villain world, he started making a list of enemies. The Blade and Crow were obviously names on that list, but he didn't have enough information to put Magpie on that list. It was weird, suspicious even how little was known about the eldest twin, so what else was Quackity to do but investigate?

What he found was a forgotten twin.

A hero who tried his hardest to be someone worth remembering only for his brother to easily steal the show every single time. He found a hero who worked hard day after day and night after night only to get a brief few mentions in the news alongside the names of his brother and father. No articles, no hero merch, no interviews, no TV specials, nothing. A daylight hero who never saw the spotlight. A rescue hero that got no recognition for his work.

He wondered if it bothered Wilbur. He had questioned if the hero even noticed how little attention he gets.

He had been curious, so when he spotted the hero leaving the tower at night after having a busy day of back to back rescues and some thief shenanigans to stop (Quackity still can't believe the hero had let that one thief go, it was just so unlike the heroes of the current era) the villain had taken the opportunity to do some in-person-prodding. He landed on that roof under the assumption that he'd be recognized and might have to fight the other avian.

Quackity had been in disbelief when the hero hadn't recognized him. 'Ace' was a name known by almost everyone in the city. The fact that one of the Minecraft Hero Family didn't know him struck him as strange. I mean, it made his job a lot easier, so he wasn't really complaining.

He hadn't been expecting to listen to a hero of all things play a solemn tune on an old acoustic guitar. He hadn't expected to see hurt in the hero's eyes under his mask, nor had he expected the bitter tone when speaking of his twin.

Quackity hadn't been expecting to hear a fucked up mindset or see untreated injuries.

It was poetic, really. 'The brightest flames cast the darkest shadows' as the saying goes.

Wilbur Minecraft was rapidly approaching his breaking point when the villain had met him that night. The hero was speed running his way to a mentalbreak down of disastrous proportions. And the shrike avian wanted to see it happen.

You could say, he somewhat saw part of himself in Wilbur. A long time ago, there was a younger him who wanted to help people more than anything in the world, and would do anything to accomplish it. He had grown out of it, of course. Fell into the world of villainy with a graceful landing, and now look at him.