Chapter 24: Rise- The Reign of Revolution

Welcome to the last chapter of this book guys, gals, and non-binary pals. Stick around for the author's note at the end of this chapter to learn details about the sequel :)

~~~~

Some things will always remain the same, no matter how much time passes. But that being said, things will still change. It can range from minor things, to major things, but even as you find things right where you left it, the sands of time still fall through the hourglass.

War was alive in the streets, but not in the way that many expect.

Many heroes had defected at Wilbur's call, but those that remained were still as vicious as ever. More determined than ever to bring villains down. But there were villain sympathizers everywhere. Willing to help shelter and provide assistance to the villains as they fought for a better society.

Hero training had only seemed to get more brutal, but the age in which you can start training to be a hero was moved up due to public backlash.

Despite the public outcry, The Bench Trio remained in the number four villain spot. But they earned their rank by causing multiple different accounts of arson, robberies, and general chaos. Tommy was, as always, a chaos gremlin. But he had finally started understanding more avian as time marched on. The instinct suppression had been firmly shaken off, and the raven avian was living his best life with his best friends in tow.

Tubbo still made nukes. Most of his attempts were stopped before they could even start, but he did have a habit of threatening to point his nukes at the city whenever things got dicey. He used it mainly as a panic button at this point, sticking with more minor explosions since Ranboo didn't see the point of blowing up the city since they lived there.

Loki, aka Eret, alongside Niki (Anarchy) had begun working closely with Wilbur. Together, all three of them had begun to make moves hidden from everyone, even their close allies and partners as they worked in secret. They rallied villains and villain sympathizers together and helped to guide any children seeking shelter to families who would help them stay hidden from the system. If rumors of abuse happened in a neighborhood, be prepared for The Arson and Grey Villains to come knocking on your door.

Nobody had heard from Smile in a long time, but Pyro kept up with his usual activities. Though he stayed far away from District 12 and the surrounding districts.

Quackity didn't change much.

He remained static in a lot of things. He still ran the casinos, he looked after Miriam and the people under his care, he continued his usual activities as Ace. A lot of the people working for The TNT Villain had begun to cite that the shrike avian overworked himself. Quackity would look at them and tell them to fuck off and mind their own business.

Miriam's flight feathers had started to come in, much to the terror of the Casino Crew as the fledgling had started to practice flying by ambushing them from whatever perch she could manage to get to. Quackity was her main victim, the young shrike avian spending as much time glued to her brother's side as she could.

The world was shifting around them. Heroes scrambling to keep their grip on society but failing horribly. Protests marched through the streets, hero schools were called into question heavily.

And it was all thanks to one man.

Nobody had changed quite like how Wilbur had.

If you looked at the man he had been a year ago, you wouldn't be able to recognize him now. He was extremely different, almost unrecognizable now purely based on personality.

Wilbur Minecraft, Magpie, was a hero who had known shadows all his life. He was a good hero, but in the end, he was only ever hurting himself with the constant effort he put in to be recognized. He was a soft spoken, quiet sort of person who ran off of energy bars and the determination to prove himself. He was barely mentioned in any articles, he never went on for interviews, and was typically dragged around as an accessory for his family.