Chapter 7: Tower Defense

Wilbur's day off, like always, was scheduled for when Tommy had a day off school.

And the first thing they did was to sleep in.

I mean, why wouldn't they? Hero Training is stressful and being an actual hero even more so. Of course the first thing they were going to do was to catch up on some sleep. And Wilbur was going to need it seeing how he would be changing patrol hours soon.

The magpie avian was woken up by his brother a little around eleven thirty, stars in the younger's eyes as Wilbur stretched his wings with a yawn.

"C'mon Wil! I've got an entire day planned!" Tommy said cheerily.

"Alright, alright. I'm up, Toms," Wilbur chuckled, throwing the blankets off of him and rolling out of bed.

The younger avian grabbed his wrist and pulled the taller out of his room and to the kitchen. Breakfast was already on the table.

"Geez," the older muttered, sitting down as the blond sat next to him. "You really went all out with this huh?"

"Of course!" Tommy laughed. "You're eating at least two full meals today, and you can do nothing about it."

Wilbur sighed fondly, "I'm not getting out of this, huh?"

"Nope!" His little brother responded. "Now eat your food."

"Okay, okay. Pushy," the older teased.

"Eat everything on your plate and I'll let you pick the movie later," the raven avian offered.

The magpie avian shot him a playfully glare, "Tommy Minecraft you drive a hard bargain."

"Do we have a deal?" The blond shot back.

"Fine," Wilbur agreed, rolling his eyes as he started eating.

"Alright, just don't pick something stupid," Tommy said, beginning to eat his breakfast as well.

The hero paused before humming, "Are my talons in danger of your wrath today or no?"

"Fear my power, I already have the living room set up," the hero in training said, giving the other a smirk.

"I don't know why you insist on that when you know I'm just going to have to file them down a few days later," the older said, rolling his eyes. "There's not much point."

"Cause' it's fun. Also don't act like you don't enjoy it when I paint your talons jackass," the younger responded.

"Tommy, language at the table," Wilbur reminded.

"Phil ain't fuckin' here. He can't do shit," Tommy shot back in response.

The magpie avian paused before laughing, "True. Fuck you and your stupid rule, Phil!"

The blond laughed, "That's the spirit! Fuck you, Phil!"

After finishing up their breakfast they moved to the living room.

"Alright, come here asshole, we're fixing your fucking wings," Tommy said, seating himself on the couch.

Wilbur sighed, sitting on the ground next to the couch and spreading his wings out. He grabbed the TV remote as the younger began to untangle the feathers in his wings.

"Whatcha want to watch right now?" The brown-haired hero asked.

The raven avian hummed, focused on his task, "Whatever is good."

"We're watching cartoons then," Wilbur decided.

"And people say I'm the child," Tommy said, rolling his eyes fondly.