Chapter 18: Custody Battle for Tommy Minecraft

A/N: Apologies for the lack of a recent update. Small warning, this chapter is unedited and not beta read due to some internet complications during its initial creation. So if there are any grammar mistakes, I apologize. I'll come back and correct them once the story is completed. 
Enjoy! 
- Flame Draco

Quackity smiled as the sun warmed his wings, watering one of his plants on the front porch of his home. The leaves of the trees around his territory swayed gently with the breeze, the song of early morning humming through the tips of his feathers.

He could hear Wilbur inside the house, swearing at something, probably breakfast if the shrike avian had to guess. He was trying to learn but honestly, that man needed more than just an instruction manual.

Sometimes it could be a bit droll living in the middle of nowhere with just him and his partner. But there was just enough chaos to keep the shorter from getting antsy. And honestly? It felt nice to just relax and tend to the makeshift greenhouse he had on their front porch.

They got visitors occasionally. Tubbo and Ranboo liked to visit. Tubbo was fascinated with the bees that hung around, pollinating the multiple flowers that Quackity kept along with a few of his other plants. Ranboo liked helping tend to the plants, said it was good for his anxiety (why was the poor boy so anxious all the time?) and paranoia. The two teens loved listening to Wilbur's stories, especially Ranboo who seemed to follow the fallen hero around like a duckling.

The magpie avian's brothers also visited from time to time. Tommy was an absolute joy to be around, the gremlin balancing their relatively peaceful lifestyle with just enough chaos for Quackity's tastes. Listening to Techno and Wilbur argue about Greek Mythology was the highlight of those visits, him and Tommy chuckling and always taking the taller's side.

Techno would always give them the most offended look possible while muttering a quiet, 'bruh'.

Though, for some reason every single time Quackity tries to tune in to their argument, it's always the argument about Persephone and the Pomegranate Seeds. Wilbur would always claim she ate them on her own, Techno argued the opposite. That she was forced. It was never any other argument.

He doesn't know why he doesn't like Techno. Absently reaching for his eye for some reason and feeling around it like there's supposed to be something there.

Wilbur's mom, Kristen, would visit sometimes.

Quackity can't remember what she looks like. He's trying but her face is fuzzy. And they never get visits from the magpie avian's father, Phil. Part of him curling violently at the idea of the crow avian stepping anywhere near Wilbur ever again-

"Quackity!" Wilbur called from inside the house, disturbing his thoughts as he set his watering can down. "I need help!"

"If you're burning water again I swear to god, Wilbur!" The shrike avian called back, smile back on his face as he rolled his eyes fondly.

"One fucking time!" His partner shouted in return, a musical trill accompanying his voice. He knew the other was smiling too as he walked inside the house.

He didn't notice how his plants grew behind him, covering the door once he was inside.

Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine. Forever mine. Flock. Protect, protect, protect. Flock. Nest. Mine.

Quackity found his partner in the kitchen, which he seemed to have been correct in assuming the other was yelling at breakfast. With a laugh, the shrike avian pushed the other out of the room, causing his songbird to squawk and flap his wings in offense.