Chapter 14: What It's Like To Be a Villain

Quackity would openly admit that he doesn't exactly have much of a moral compass anymore. He's literally killed hundreds of people because he's a petty bastard. Not exactly someone you'd expect to have a strong sense of morality.

But, broken it may be, he still has some morals. Strong enough morals to at least come to the conclusion that, no, he shouldn't listen to his instincts when they tell him to eat people.

What? He's a shrike. They're a well known carnivorous species that eat other birds. His instincts don't exactly shy away from the idea of cannibalism if he's hungry enough.

He may be a villain, and his moral compass is broken as fuck, but he's got enough humanity in him to not really resort to that. Has he drunk blood before?

...

He doesn't have to tell you shit.

But yeah, Quackity doesn't really have much of a moral compass. Not anymore at least.

You would expect a hero to have stronger morals, though. Former hero or not.

So he's a bit surprised about how...unbothered Wilbur is about the semi-illegal casinos that Quackity runs.

Now, The TNT Villain Ace has been in business for a long ass time now. But most of his funding comes from his casinos. He owned a majority of them in the Nightlife District (District 12 if you wanted to be specific, but everyone calls it the Nightlife District). Now, he'll openly admit that he runs something of an almost mafia. His villain name, Ace, isn't really connected to the casinos per say. He owns them under his civilian name, Quackity Nevadas.

Ace was known for TNT, various murders, and being something worth classifying under 'villain'.

Quackity just owned a few casinos that dealt in some...questionable business practices. Also drugs. He knows a guy, who knows a guy, and so on so forth.

His casinos were a well baited trap to gather people that were down on their luck and needed distractions. And while they were distracted, he slowly drained money from them. The flashing lights, music, and...various substances all made for quite the pretty little trap.

Most people don't notice until it's too late and they're out of money.

What? The materials for TNT weren't fucking cheap. And he also enjoys the power. He's a major villain and has an iron grip on District 12. Having people under his thumb made him feel good after so many years of having no control over his life.

It wasn't exactly a secret about the casinos being a bit...illegal. Even down to how he acquired them in the first place; a lot of documents had to be forged, let him tell you.

But what happened in the casinos, stayed there. Not many people were willing to sell Quackity out for his somewhat illegal business.

He was surprised when Wilbur didn't really have much to say about the shady business practices. He kinda just shrugged it off and went on to harass the others who worked for Quackity.

Now, he understood that his songbird needed time to sort through his emotions. He wasn't going to rush trying to get Wilbur to commit a murder and basically solidify himself as a villain (even if he already killed a guy, but that was an accidental murder so Quackity didn't count it). He knew his songbird wouldn't be able to go back after intentionally taking another life. But he couldn't just force the former hero into it. So he wasn't going to push the 'villain' bullshit. Not until Wilbur got more comfortable.

It seems the magpie avian had other plans.

He had been getting restless in their nest, wanting something to do.