Chapter 20: Echoes of The Past

A/N: OKAY. SO THIS CHAPTER HAS NOT BEEN BETA READ NOR DID I HAVE THE TIME TO DO MY USUAL EDITS! ONCE THE BOOK IS COMPLETED I PLAN ON COMING BACK TO THIS CHAPTER AND FIXING IT. SORRY! IF YOU SPOT ANY ERRORS PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN FIX EM'. THANK YOU. 

Wilbur and Tommy were minding their business discussing plans for Tommy's villain debut in the lounge.

"Okay, but hear me out, we nuke the Hero Committee HQ," Tommy suggested.

"That'd be fun, yes," Wilbur hummed, tapping a pen against a few papers. "But if you're planning on being a trio with Tubbo and Ranboo, shouldn't you be running these ideas with them?"

"Probably, but I'd rather have a solid plan to show them first," his brother muttered. "Y'know, have something cool and badass to suggest. Tubbo is already helping me with some weapons and Ranboo is helping me with the design for a costume. I want to at least have a cool plan to bring to the table."

"Fair enough, speaking of, how's the weapon thing going? Did you guys finally decide on something?" The magpie avian questioned.

The nestling immediately perked up, "Wil, Wil, these things are so fucking cool! Hang on, I actually brought the beta versions to show you!"

He reached into his bag and pulled out two disks that were styled like old vinyl records. One of them having a green color, the other having a purple color. The raven avian slipped on two fingerless gloves, flexing his talons a few times.

"Alright, now watch this," Tommy stood up, grabbing one of the disks.

His brother pressed a button on the disk, blades shooting out from the sides of the weapon. With an absolutely giddy expression he then threw the disk, the weapon traveling in a curved arc like a boomerang. Tommy threw his hand out, a slight blue glow coming from the glove. The disk's blades retracted, and he caught the flying weapon.

Wilbur just sat there, awed for a good few seconds before he groaned.

"Oh my fucking gods did Tubbo seriously give you specialized throwing stars?" He questioned.

"Yep!" The gremlin laughed, shoving the disks and the gloves back into his bag. "We're thinking about going for 'Vinyl' as my villain name. Y'know, since these are going to be my signature weapons and they look like old vinyl records. I talked to Quackity about it actually and when he asked why that name was on the list I had to explain that Tubbo was making me weapons that looks like records and he was confused. I should actually probably show him these, now that I think about it-"

The door to the lounge was thrown open, the shrike avian in question grinning at the two brothers.

"Pack your bags boys! We're going on a trip!"

~Time Skip~

Tommy whooped in joy, twirled through the air as the three avians shot through the city. They flew high over the buildings, darkness of night shrouding their forms as they went.

Wilbur just laughed at his brother's antics, brushing his wing against Quackity's lightly as all three flew together. They raced around skyscrapers and dived to scatter clusters of roosting pigeons, chirping and laughing as they chased after each other.

The fallen hero was just happy, giddy even. It's been a while since he's flown with others as a flock, and even better, he might actually get to see the stars tonight.

"C'mon!" He shouted over the wind, tone taking a high pitched melody of excitement as he raced ahead of the other two avians.

"You aren't getting away that easily songbird!" Quackity laughed, tilting his wings to catch the wind currents in order to keep up with his partner.