water.

Regulus isn't called before the Order very often, but whenever he is he returns home in foul humour

Finn doesn't understand what goes on at the meetings, but for days after each one he skulks around the house in introspective silence, slamming doors and staring broodily out the windows at the misty hills. He also takes to avoiding her — not that that's new, of course, but Finn is positive it gets worse after the meetings. There are countless nooks and crannies in the house and throughout the property that would be perfect for him to isolate himself in, and Finn knows them all.

She doesn't go looking for him, however. She understands the feeling of wanting to hide herself away and never be found. That, and she still thinks he's a pompous little bigot so she really doesn't feel much of an urge to seek him out.

Since the Death Eater attack in Sheffield, things seem to have ramped up for the Order. Uncle Al's visits had been irregular before, but now they've become scarce and hurried. In the stead of actual visits, he starts sending semi-regular owls to check in on them.

Finn writes back every time, even though there's never anything to report and she hates owl mail — the beaks of the owls are sharp, and it freaks her out when they peck at her. Al's letters are fairly scanty on information, sticking to silly stories and what the food is like over in London, and telling her to watch out for redcaps in the forests because the summer heat is reaching its apex and that's when they get irritable. He asks about her and Regulus and how they're faring, even though the answer never changes.

Finn's not stupid. She can tell that her uncle is holding her at arm's length from all the action. But that also means that by extension Regulus is being held at arm's length from all the action, and it's clear that Regulus blames her for it.

While he's still giving her the silent treatment, she isn't spared from the baleful glares he sends her way whenever they happen to be in the same room together. They're never together for long; without fail, he slips out of the room as soon as she enters.

After several consecutive days of this behaviour, Finn loses her temper. Honestly, she's surprised she was able to stay calm for so long.

She catches Regulus sprawled out on the couch, and approaches him quickly so that he doesn't get the chance to leave the room. He spares her a quick, bored glance before returning his attention to the television.

"Get up." She demands, planting her hands on her hips.

"No." He says, leaning around her in an attempt to see whatever is playing on the television. "Get out of the way."

"Get off the fucking couch," Finn's voice drops low, a dangerous edge creeping into it as her eyes narrowed. "Before I kick you off it."

Regulus just snorts. He's so arrogant and self-assured that it makes Finn's blood boil. He has no regard for the fact that he's in her house, probably because he sees her as subhuman. He's so smug and superior, and it infuriates her.