halloween.

early update today because it's my birthday ❤️ enjoy!

"Evan?" Finn shouts as she wanders into the house with the post in her hand

"Evan?" Finn shouts as she wanders into the house with the post in her hand. "You in here?"

The end of October brings with it a flurry of miserably cold rain and a last effort by the trees to shed their wilting orange leaves; the rolling hills are slick with mud and rain, and Finn is shivering miserably from the mere five minutes she had spent outside in order to collect the mail from the bottom of the hill.

Evan is sprawled across the couch with his eyes closed and his head tilted back. Ostensibly he's taking a nap, but Finn can see the way his head has twitched in her direction as she closes the front door behind her.

"If it's another spider, I want nothing to do with it," He drawls lazily without opening his eyes. "It's Regulus' turn to deal with it."

"It's not a spider," Finn grumbles, irritated. "Your stupid magazine has arrived."

That gets the full attention of Evan at last, and he perks up in earnest as his eyes open. He swings his legs off the couch and watches her eagerly as she steps forward with the glossy magazine in hand.

"Ah," He says, clearly pleased as he takes it out of her hands. "Excellent. I have dearly missed the gossip columns."

Finn rolls her eyes, though she can't stop the amused smile from spreading across her face. "Well, you'll have to tell me if there's anything exciting."

Evan hums, already flipping the magazine open and reclining back on the couch to read it eagerly.

Still smiling, Finn tucks the rest of the mail under her arm and wanders her way out of the living room and down the hallway towards the bedroom. The other mail had consisted of a little parcel tied together with a familiar bright blue twine string — she recognises it as a Honeydukes package, but she doesn't want to be too presumptuous by tearing into it straight away.

She's distracted as she pushes her way into her bedroom, but when she steps inside and comes face to face with a shirtless Regulus, she perks to attention instantly.

He must have just emerged from the shower, because he's sitting at the foot of her bed, toweling his dark curls dry. His hair has grown longer and a little more unruly during the months he's been here with her, and he's put on a little weight so that he's no longer so frighteningly thin and pale. Finn feels her heart flutter as she watches him. It's a good look for him, and she tries not to get too distracted by the water droplets that snake their way down his chest.

Though she's quiet as she shuts the door behind her, Regulus raises his head. His wet curls fall into his eyes, but he still smiles at her when he sees that it's her that's just entered the room.

"Hello, love." He says, still toweling his hair. "Alright?"

"Mhm." Finn hums, stepping forward with the little package in her hands. "This arrived for you."