picnic.

Part of Finn had thought that perhaps having kissed Regulus twice, she would have gotten the worst of her crush on him out of her system

In hindsight, that had been a shockingly naive hope.

It feels as though Finn thinks about kissing Regulus all the bloody time. She had thought about it all throughout dinner, when they shot each other furtive looks over their food every time they thought the other wasn't looking. She had thought about it as she lay in her bed with Regulus in his bedroll on the floor. She had thought about it when she woke up the next morning to find him peacefully dozing with his arms spread over his head.

That part doesn't come as much of a surprise. She's gone without such intimate affection for so long that now that she's been given a taste of it, it feels like a natural consequence that she longs for more.

The part that does come as a surprise is the fact that Regulus is willing to do it all over again.

Finn is brushing her teeth one morning only a day later when the door cracks open, and Regulus slips into the bathroom behind her.

She almost chokes on her toothpaste, horrified. Most mornings, Regulus sleeps in quite late. It's rare to see him before 10.30, and Finn startles at the sight of him. Usually she gets the chance to get changed out of her thin cotton nightdress and into proper clothes before he gets up, at least.

"What are you doing in here? Get out!"

Regulus doesn't answer immediately. He closes the door behind him and leans on it, his gaze darting from her face down over her nightdress, to where it cuts off at her thighs.

"I've been thinking." He says, tearing his gaze away from her legs after a pause.

"I hate hearing you say that." Finn sighs, spitting out the last of her toothpaste and dropping her toothbrush back in its holder. "It makes me nervous."

Regulus acts as though he hadn't heard her. Instead he steps forward, so close that he's virtually trapping her against the porcelain of the sink basin. Finn goes still, and watches his approach in the mirror over the sink.

"Those kisses were meaningless," He says, meeting her eyes in the reflection of the mirror as though checking for confirmation. "And so... it would be... harmless, to do it again."

Finn's next breath sticks in her throat. For a moment, she wonders if she's dreaming — she had had a similar dream the night before, although it wasn't just kissing they had been doing. The memory has her face growing hot, and she takes a quick breath to calm herself.

She moves to turn around in order to face him, but he's stepped so close to her back that his hips keep her pinned against the sink. Anticipation begins to build in her lower belly, and her fingers dig into the white porcelain as she meets his stare in the mirror.

"You've been thinking about kissing me a lot then, have you?" She asks. Her voice comes out impressively steady, considering the fact that she can feel her knees turn wobbly.