vanilla.

Finn blinks into wakefulness the next morning slowly

She's warm and cosy and so comfortable. As she peels open her sleepy eyes, she's greeted with the sight of buttery morning sunlight filtering in through the white net curtain, lighting her bedroom up golden. It's pretty, but it's also bright, and Finn closes her eyes against the glare very quickly. She thinks she'd be happy to never move again in her life.

She tries to roll over, to get some room to stretch some life back into her sleep-numbed limbs, but something behind her is blocking her from moving at all.

That's fine though — Finn is still sleepy, and it's not as though she's trying particularly hard to get up. It doesn't take much for her to settle back into a light doze. She even burrows down into her blankets a little further, chasing that lovely warmth.

Oddly enough, the blankets at her back seem to shift a little. It's only a little movement, barely even worth noticing, and Finn pays it no mind. She just hums sleepily as the arm around her waist tightens, pulling her even closer to the lovely warmth pressed against her back.

It only takes a second before her eyes are flying open, because there shouldn't be an arm around her waist. Regulus must have woken up and come to the same realisation as Finn had, because the two of them burst into motion at the exact same time.

"Oh my god-"

"Merlin's pants-"

It's utterly undignified, the way the two of them scramble to throw off the duvet to try and get away from each other. Finn almost falls off the bed entirely, but manages to catch herself just in time.

"What were you doing?" Regulus demands, staggering off the bed. His voice is rough from sleep, but his eyes are wide and awake.

"Me?" Finn repeats, infuriated. "You were the one who practically plastered yourself up against my back!"

Pink flares high in Regulus' cheeks, and Finn actually stops her scrambling for a moment to stare at him. She's never seen him flustered like this, and it's such a strange sight that she actually finds herself semi-frozen in confusion.

"Where is the rest of your nightdress?" He hisses, still flushed and agitated.

Finn blinks at him. "I- what?"

She looks down at herself, as if to check that she was still wearing the same thing from last night. Her nightdress is utterly unchanged — sure, it's a bit thin and a bit short, and it certainly clings to her a bit more than she's entirely comfortable with Regulus seeing, but it's not as though it doesn't cover her entirely.

"It's the same as it was last night!" She points out, face dropping into a scowl. "Stop looking at me like that! And don't you dare tell me that witches wear those ridiculous floor-length puffy Victorian nightgowns or something!"