groceries.

"We're going to have to go shopping soon if you keep this up

"We're going to have to go shopping soon if you keep this up." Regulus murmurs from behind her, though Finn doesn't turn to look at him.

She just keeps her focus fixed on the kelpie in the water, watching with a pleased smile as the creature uses its horrifyingly sharp teeth to tear into the food she's brought. It's only leftovers from their dinner the night before, but admittedly Finn had cooked far more than she knew that her and the boys would actually eat. The kelpie doesn't touch the vegetables, but it devours the large steak she had kept for it with relish.

"Al will send food in a few days." She says absently.

Since Sirius and James had shown up at the house, Finn hasn't managed to muster up the energy or courage to travel to the village to restock their groceries. Instead, her uncle has set up some sort of strange magical system where basic groceries appear on the kitchen counter once a week. It's not the most ideal situation, but it's functional.

"Finn."

Regulus' tone is earnest enough that she casts a hesitant look over her shoulder. He's lounging on the sandy beach, his legs stretched out as he leans back on his hands. His eyes are dark and intense as he watches her.

"Yeah?" She asks, though her voice trembles just slightly.

"You can't let my idiot brother scare you away from living your life," He says softly. "And the few supplies your uncle is sending us isn't going to be enough for all of us if you continue to feed the kelpie as much food as you have been giving it recently."

It's true that the amount of food she's been giving the kelpie has increased. The creature has gotten stronger, those hollow spaces between its ribs filling out and its dark coat growing glossy and healthy. It still avoids the shallows, but most mornings when Finn makes her way down to the lake she finds the kelpie's head poking up out of the dark water as it waits for her arrival. She can't bring herself to regret the amount of food she's using up on the creature when she sees what an improvement the feeding has lead to.

"Maybe you should eat less." She says mulishly.

Regulus just snorts a laugh. "Come here, darling."

With one last look at the kelpie where it's snuffling at the remnants of the food in the water, Finn steps back towards Regulus. He's waiting expectantly for her, and he reaches out to her as soon as she settles onto the sand beside him. Finn lets him draw her into his arms, and closes her eyes when he kisses the top of her head.

"I'll go with you," He murmurs into her hair. "But we do need more food. Evan has eaten all the chocolate yogurts again."

Finn rolls her eyes. "Fine. We'll go later."

Truthfully, the thought of leaving the little safe haven of her home has a sick feeling of anxiety settling into her belly. It's as though Regulus can sense what she's thinking, because he places a finger on her chin and tilts it up towards him. The kiss he presses to her mouth starts off chaste, just a peck, but it doesn't remain so for long. Finn wraps her arms around his shoulders and returns it happily, pleased as ever with his attention.