reciprocation.

When Finn and Regulus return to the sitting room again, Evan is sitting on the carpet with Al's collection of films spread out in front of him

When Finn and Regulus return to the sitting room again, Evan is sitting on the carpet with Al's collection of films spread out in front of him. He's peering at the covers on the videotape boxes thoughtfully. When he hears the two of them come in behind him, he turns to look at them and holds up one of the tapes.

"I want to watch this one." He says decisively.

Al's collection of tapes consist exclusively of horror films. Finn wonders if Evan actually realises that, but doesn't have the energy to actually explain the different genres of movies. She grumbles a little but steps forward to take it off him all the same.

As she goes through the familiar motions of setting the videotape up on the television, Evan and Regulus both get settled on the couch. By the time the title-screen shows up, she turns to step towards the couch. There's only one space left, a conspicuously large gap left beside Regulus. He's looking at her expectantly, so Finn only hesitates for a moment before going to join them on the couch.

At first, she's awkward. The two boys are both relaxed and casual, with Evan making frequent comments about how strange Muggle technology is and asking questions about the plot, but Finn is hyper-aware of how close Regulus is to her. With three people on the couch there isn't much space, and they're pressed together nice and tight.

No doubt in an effort to reinforce their little pretend relationship, Regulus stretches his arms and lays one of them across the back of the couch. It means that he's essentially placing his arm around her shoulders, and at first Finn stiffens a little. But he's warm and gentle and Finn is still so bloody weak for him that it only takes a moment for her to relax into his side.

Finn can't concentrate on the film for even a second. She's already seen it, of course, but it's all a blur to her — Regulus' fingers stroke absently over the skin of her bare shoulder, and Finn allows herself to melt a little further into his side.

By the time the first murder happens on-screen, Finn has begun to dart looks at Regulus from the corner of her eyes. It sends a little thrill through her when she realises that he's not paying attention to the film either. He's watching her right back, and his mouth curves up when he realises that she's sneaking peeks at him.

"Fucking hell." Evan says from the other side of Regulus, sounding startled. "Is this legal?"

"It's just a film." Finn says absently, still glancing up at Regulus.

"Yeah, but they just murdered her!"

"They're acting."

Evan goes quiet at that, though he still doesn't seem convinced. His eyes are glued to the screen, his brows scrunching together every time a horrific death plays out. Regulus, on the other hand, has barely looked at the movie once. His arm around her shoulder adjusts, and then all of a sudden it's sliding around her waist instead. Finn lets it happen, her eyes growing a little rounder as she stares up at him. Like this, his arm curves around her waist and his hand rests on her thigh, just below where her denim shorts cut off.