Chapter Nine | 'Cry Over Spilled Milk'

A R E S | N I C O L A I D E S

What the fuck am I doing here? On a real note, what the fuck am i doing in a bar with my brothers? I look down at my drink, and around the bar to see women staring at the five of us. Adrian's arms grabs me by the neck as they shoot a basket, everyone jumps up and screams. This man is physically strangling me. For a score.

Prick.

When the game finally finished, we pay-I pay the bill and we make our way out back into the fresh air. The boys were celebrating with their screams, I unlock my car door. "Hey Ares, whose bags this?" I look up and see him holding out a familiar MARVEL bag. Adonis raises a brow.

"Do you have a kid or something we don't know about?" Adrian chuckles, slipping inside the front.

"Hey! It's my turn at the front, you fat fuck." Atlas rushes towards him and drags him out of the car, I shake my head. Adults acting like fucking kids.

Ali's bag. She must have forgotten it. I walk closer and grab the bag from Adonis, I shove it into the back of my car. I open the back of my car, staring down at my phone as they continue fighting and arguing. I swipe down my contacts and see her name.

Ali

I press onto it and message her:

You forgot your bag in my car.

"Get in the fucking car, I have shit to do." Atlas sticks his tongue our and kicks Arian in the nuts before closing the door and making sure it is locked. Adrian bangs on my window and pulls up the middle finger. Classic. My phone vibrates.

Ali: Oh darn! I am at school, and I have Art in an hour, do you mind bringing it to me please? If you cannot, then do not worry about it.

Yeah, I will bring it to you. Send me your location.

I switch my phone off and begin driving our onto the road. My elbow leans against the window as I keep one hand on the low steering wheel. "So, dinner at mine tonight?" Atlas suggests.

"Can't Michelle wants me to take the kids tonight." Adrian groans.

"You're the one that got her pregnant, deal with it." Alastair mumbles, covering his eyes with his forearm.

"I did not ask for four of them, do you know how crazy they are? They scare me!"

"Adrian?"

"Malika wants me to watch The Missing with her, so no, and thanks for taking the front seat."

"Why not! I hate living alone. It's boring." Atlas moans.

"I said that and got married, now I need a time machine." Adrian whispers, traumatised.

He did not bother asking Adonis because he knew the answer already. So, for the time being, he looked at me as if I were his final resort. I tilt my head to the side, and there he is. I shake my head as an answer, giving me puppy dog eyes.

"I have things to do today." I say the actual truth, like to go give Ali her bag back. But the way he is looking at me, as the second eldest brother in the family. I could not say no. This clever mother fucker knows how to get under my skin. "Fine. Let me drop them off home and you can join me for the day." I look through the rear-view mirror and see them both staring at me.

"What?"

"Nothing." They both say.

I shake my head and pull into the driveway of their homes, and now on my way to her school. I put her location on my navigation system and start my journey. "Why are we going to a college?" Atlas asks.