Confessions

I jolt awake to the sounds of screaming and laughing children. I rub my bleary eyes and look around, trying to remember where I am. I stiffen as I feel something move beside me. I slowly turn and look, to see Moon asleep next to me, mouth slightly open. He looks so . . . sweet, almost charming, like this. I start to get up, but an arm falls across my waist, and Moon drags my body closer to his, hugging me like a stuffie. I'd be happy to stay here like this, but I need to do my job, and I'm sure Sunny is wondering where I am. I know there's no way to get out without waking Moon up, but it did make me sad to do it. I gently poke him in the side.

  "Hey, Moonie? I really need to get up now, I have to do my job . . ." I half- whisper. I almost regret waking him up, he looks so exhausted. He mumbles something, but I can't hear it.

  "What? I'm sorry, I didn't catch that," I say gently.

  "I said mine," Moon growls softly in my ear, drawing my body even closer. I'm stunned for a second, then somehow manage to regain my composure. 

  "But, Moonie, I have to get up, please?" I plead, trying to turn enough in his tight grip to be able to see him.

  "Fine. But I get you to myself tonight," He mutters. I try not to think about what that might mean as I stand up and stretch. I smirk to myself as I see Moon cringe when my joints crack like rice crispies. I mentally prepare myself as he gets the wire and hooks it to himself. He gently picks me up, and I hold myself against him tight, burying my face in his chest as we get closer to the ground. We finally reach the soft daycare floor, and Moon sets me down. Sunny sees us and runs over.

  "OH MY GOSH Y/N I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU EVERYWHERE I WAS SO WORRIED AND I COULDN'T FIND MOON EITHER I THOUGHT YOU WERE HURT!!!" Sunny cries out frantically. I swear I see a tear run down his face, but that's impossible . . . right? "Wait," Sunny says suddenly, " What were you and Moon doing together?" His face holding a very accusatory look and he glances back and forth between the two of us. I feel my face burning hot as I realize the implication.

  "Oh Sunny no it wasn't like that at all! We were just sleeping . . . together . . . but not like that! Like, we were actually sleeping! I didn't even mean to fall asleep it's just that Moonie smelled good and it was so warm- I-," I feel myself getting more flustered as I trip over my words in an attempt to explain myself. Guh, my face must be as red as a tomato. Sunny must think I'm a creep. Sunny busts out laughing, and I stare at him in confusion.

  "I know Y/n, I know you wouldn't do that," he attempts to control his laughs, "I just wanted to see how you would react." He continues to giggle as he walks away. 

  "Oh . . ." I whisper, my face somehow even more red. I hear Moon snicker from behind me. "What? Is something funny?" I demand to know.

  "Yeah, that was . . . real smooth Y/n," he shakes his head as he walks toward their tower, "real smooth."

  "Tch, well maybe you could've stepped in," I grumble to myself. I take a second to compose myself. I notice that the daycare is winding down for the day, the number of children dwindling, until there are just a few stragglers left behind. I busy myself by cleaning the huge mess that the kids left behind. I feel a small tap on my side as I scrub glitter glue off of the bottom of the chair. How does it even get there?? I turn to look, and it's the same child from before, the precious little girl. She was smiling broadly, tiny white teeth peeking through, albeit a few missing ones.

  "Yes," I smile, "how can I help you?"

  "I have a secret!!," She whisper-yells to me," Mr. Sun said we couldn't tell you! But I really want to!!" She jumped a couple of times and clapped her hands, obviously very excited about something. "Mr. Sun says he doesn't like you!!" What.

757 Words, sorry about the short chapter, it just felt like the perfect place to finish the chapter (:<