01. - guilty conscience

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
COPYRIGHT
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Little Darlin' © -BLIXIE- || 2022.
All Rights Reserved.

february 1st, 1979los angeles, california

february 1st, 1979
los angeles, california

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Kickin' it back to '76, a cool and groovy tune that'll make you wanna boogie allllll night," DJ Sickadelic announced over the intercom.

Wheels aggressively slapped against the smooth wooden flooring, the sweet sound invading my eardrums as I finished tying up my silver laces on my patent leathered skates.

Boogie Nights by Heatwave blared throughout the roller rink, causing many angsty teens to cheer and skate to the rhythm.

"Boooogggiiie nights, whoooaaa," my best friend Aiyana sang along as she nudged me, causing me to
chuckle. "Girl this is my song, let's get out there and show these cats what real skating is like."

Aiyana is the kind of girl you'd wanna bring home to your mother, the perfect model of a best friend. She's sweet, kind, charismatic, and many other words that would favor your typical Valley girl.

By day.

By night, Aiyana is the most chaotic, free spirited human I've ever met. She's tenacious, which is something that I admire most about her. Growing up in such a strict household has definitely shaped her into the sneaky angsty teen that every parent fears. I, for one, can say that her sly actions are what makes our friendship interesting.

"Let's go."

We set foot on the wooden flooring of the roller rink and got a feel of the atmosphere, smiling from ear to ear before gliding across the rink. With Aiyana, I always felt like she was giving me a run for my money whenever we'd skate together.

"C'mon little miss roller girl," she playfully taunted, causing me to burst out a giggle. "Show me that you deserve your title."

A few months ago, I was awarded Grand Champion at this very rink; Flipper's Roller Boogie Palace. I never intended to win the competition, in fact, I was hoping to lose because I was practically forced into participating. Aiyana had wrote my name down on the bulletin and the next day, I found myself being apart of a district wide roller skating tournament.

The recognition that I've received from said tournament was something I never expected to get. In some aspects, I felt like a celebrity. People would come up to me asking for an autograph and others would ask for a quick photo, which still takes me by surprise to this day.