05. - everlasting

february 8th, 1979encino, california - hayvenhurst compound

february 8th, 1979
encino, california -
hayvenhurst compound

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"You're cleanin' like a madman. You do know we have maids for that, right?" Jackie snickered before placing a spoonful of cereal into his mouth.

"Stop it Sigmund," I grunted. "I'm just tidyin' up a bit."

"Tidyin' up? Silvia and Pam did a great job on the house yesterday, they'll be back tonight," mother noted while walking into the dining room.

"Y-Yeah but I just wanna make sure that when my guest comes-"

"Oh you have a guest comin' over? " Mother came up to me which put my cleaning frenzy to a pause. I put down the cloth I had and nodded, her face lighting up at my answer. "Why didn't you tell me baby?"

"I didn't want anyone makin' a big deal out of it," I shrugged before taking a seat. "Besides, we're going to be in my room-"

"Is it a girl?" Jackie raised a brow at me.

"Yes it is, why does gender matter?"

"It doesn't," mother chimed in. "But it does matter when she's going to be in your bedroom."

"Mother she's just a friend. If it makes you feel better, I can have the door cracked open."

"No, I'm just teasin'," she chuckled. "I don't want to ruin your privacy. You barely get enough as is."

"Thank you mother," I beamed before rushing up to my bedroom. The smile on my face slowly turned into a tight lipped frown as I observed my surroundings.

This room is a hot mess.

Shirts and boxers were in random parts of the room. Magazines that I had already read through were also scattered across the floor. Crumpled up sheets of paper that were meant to be in the garbage were sitting right outside of the overflowing bin I had next to my nightstand.

I was so worried about how everything else looked that I completely forgot about my own room.

"Dammit," I swore while trying to throw my dirty laundry into the hamper. I tidied up my nightstand area as well as my closet before stepping back and observing the room as a whole.

This'll do.

I walked back downstairs to get a glass of water but as I reached the final step, I began to overhear a conversation I knew I wasn't meant to hear.