09. - never enough

march 12th, 1979los angeles, california - flipper'sroller boogie palace

march 12th, 1979
los angeles, california - flipper's
roller boogie palace

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"I can't hit this move for the life of me," I sighed as I faced Aiyana. "I've been at it for hours."

"And you're gonna keep at it until you get it. Look, I know the tournament isn't until August but it's better to practice now than later," Aiyana said as she handed me a water bottle. "I just really want you to win this."

The competition for Grand Champion was up for grabs yet again this year and of course, Aiyana's taken the initiative to sign my name on the bulletin for the second time. Preliminaries start in June but Aiyana and I both know that passing prelims would be a walk in the park.

"Sorry to interrupt," I heard a familiar voice come closer to us. I looked up and my heart nearly dropped the moment I saw Regina, the girl Rocky had cheated on me with, skating toward us. I haven't seen her since the day she came here with Rocky and it sort of surprised me to not see them together this time around. "But are you still using this side of the rink? I want to practice."

"We are actually," Aiyana sassed while stepping up to her. "So you can skate your scrawny little ass back over to the booth."

I looked down at my watch and my eyes widened as I checked the time. It was currently a quarter past six in the evening which meant that it was around ten in Senegal. Michael's show had probably ended a few minutes ago and I wanted to be home to take his call.

Arguing over a skating space just wasn't as important as Michael.

"Actually you can take it," I said before sizing her. "Knock yourself out."

"Really?" she smirked. "Thanks."

"But we're still practicing-"

"I've been at it for hours Yana and besides, I have to get home so that I can talk to Michael-"

"Michael? Who's Michael?" Regina questioned with a raised brow. "I thought you and Rocky were datin'."

"Well, you kinda ruined that when you put your lips on his. Don't you think?" I tilted my head.

"It was just a little kiss, nothing to get upset over. We were just havin' fun," she shrugged nonchalantly.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes before grabbing Aiyana's hand. "Let's go."

With that, we skated off and put our shoes back on before exiting the roller rink. Aiyana grilled me for letting her take my spot but in all honesty, I didn't even want to continue practicing. My mind was too flustered anyway, being that Michael was on my mind.