19. - the lovers

june 11th, 1979los angeles, california

june 11th, 1979
los angeles, california

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I didn't believe that the feeling of pure jubilation could be felt at such a degree until now. Standing before me was the man that I had been longing to see since his departure in May. Although just shy of a month, it felt like it had been ages since I had the chance to see him and I thanked the Lord for blessing me with his presence.

"H-How? W-When?" I questioned, still entirely flabbergasted.

"I flew in this mornin'," he answered while smiling down at me and closing our front door. He then peered up toward my mother and Aiyana, who were just as shocked as I was. "H-Hello Mrs. Moore and Aiyana. It's really a pleasure to see you both."

"A pleasure indeed," my mother stated with a small smirk. "You came all this way in the middle of your tour to see my daughter, hm. Young love."

"I know, right? Isn't that romantic?" Aiyana cooed while folding her hands together and dramatically blinking.

"I'll actually be here for a few months," Michael informed us, which nearly knocked the wind out of me. I furrowed my brows before he gazed down at me and gave me a toothy smile. "Oh, yeah. Surprise."

"Months? A-As in, you'll be home?"

"Right here with you," he nodded happily. "I have to finish recording my album and although Joseph tried to weasel some extra shows into those days, Quincy wasn't havin' it. So, I'll be here until the album's finished."

I couldn't believe the words that came out of his mouth. I was under the impression that he'd spend the rest of this year shackled by the highly demanding schedule of touring and I even took the time to brace myself for experiencing nights on end without any sort of contact. A rush of relief flowed through my veins as I processed the news and simply engulfed him into a tighter grasp.

"You're awful," I stated, merely muffled due to my head being buried into his neck. "I oughta flick your forehead for keepin' somethin' like that from me."

"I wanted to surprise you silly," he chuckled lightly. "Did it work?"

"'Course it did."

The remainder of the afternoon brushed by quicker than I would've liked. After freshening myself up for the day, Michael and I decided to go to his home in Encino, where I had the opportunity to catch up with his family. The catching up didn't last as long as I would've hoped, considering how scattered everyone's schedule had become. Michael's brothers ventured off to whatever business they had with their wives and friends and Mama Kat stepped out to make a visit to her mother. Michael's sisters were out as well, leaving only Michael and I in the house alone after a short while.