07. - scared of fallin'

february 29th, 1979avignon, france

february 29th, 1979
avignon, france

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Not speaking to the person you've been longing to hear from made you carry an indescribable feeling. I guess a word that could come close to comparison would be 'dreadful'.

I haven't been able to call Rainy due to my inevitable exhaustion I would experience after shows. I hated the way Joseph set up our tour dates, it gave no room for any extracurriculars. I was used to working as much as this, if not more. However, I finally met someone I wanted to hear from daily but with my career, that deemed impossible.

I decided to stay up late tonight although my body was at its wits end. I just couldn't bear to go another day without having her voice in my ear.

"Hello?" I heard an unfamiliar female voice answer the phone. My mouth parted open to speak but not a single word came out of my mouth. The voice called once again and this time, I finally cleared my throat and spoke.

"Hi," I lowered my voice a few octaves. "I'm calling to see if Lorraine is there?"

"She's here but she's-"

"Who is that?" I heard Lorraine's voice in the background, my heart dropping at the sound of it.

"No clue," the woman responded.

"Hello?" Rainy answered the phone.

"Rainy!" I said a bit too excitedly.

"Mi- wait, hold on," she whispered. "Aiyana, could you step out for a moment? This call is important."

"Since when do you get important calls?" the other woman teased.

"Since now, so scram," she sassed. I heard the sound of a door shutting and that's when Rainy spoke again.

"Michael!" she shouted into the receiver. "Oh my gosh, how are you? I know you've been extremely busy and all so catch me up on everything."

"I'm good, just really busy as you said. How are you?"

I'm good," she kept it short. I knew that she wasn't being truthful but I also knew not to pry it out of her. "So catch me up on the tour, how's that going? And your music?"

"The tour is a bit too much for my liking but I love being able to see my fans so, it's good. As for my music, it's... a bit rocky. I haven't been able to record since I'm all the way in Europe and my father's loving every bit of it, I really think he hates me Rainy."