♡ ᴄʟɪᴄʜᴇ | ᴍᴀᴛᴛ x ɴᴇʀᴅ!ʏ/ɴ ♡

Genre: Fluff

AU: High School

Pronouns: She/Her

TW: Strong Language

- You walked down the hall, bag in hand. People began to whisper as you passed. Why am I not surprised? You muttered to yourself, arriving at your locker. You put in your lock combination and opened it, shoving your bag in. You grabbed your books and slammed the locker shut, only to be met with a sweet, freckled face.

"Oh, hi Matt." You clipped the lock onto your locker and walked past him. Matt trailed after you. "Good morning, Y/N!" Unsurprisingly, the whispers didn't arise. Everyone practically worshipped Matt. "So, what are you doing after school?" He asked abruptly. You halted and whipped around. "What?" You asked. Was he trying to ask you out?

"..What are you doing after school?" Matt repeated, a little quieter this time around. "Nothing," you responded, hugging your books to your chest. "Oh, cool.. So, uh- would you wanna- I don't know, get coffee or something?" He asked timidly. His gaze flickered over to you occasionally. "Sure!" Your response came quicker and more high-picked than you expected. 

He flinched, as if he didn't expect your answer. "Cool.. Great!!" He bent down and squeezed the lights out of you. "Matt! C-can't.. breathe!" He instantly dropped you and started ruffling your hair. "Alright, I'll meet you after school." You nodded and squeezed your books a little. Matt began to walk away, but he paused mid-step and turned around.

"I don't have your number," he said, smiling awkwardly. "Oh, I'll give you mine." Matt held his phone out to you and you put in your number. The ginger was bouncing around you all the while, trying to watch over your shoulder or head. "Alright, you're good," you said, handing him his phone. He stared at the screen, eyes as big as saucers.

"Th..thanks, See you later!" He said quickly, skipping down the hall. Hm, that was weird. You watched until he was out of sight, then walked to your own class. I can't believe one of the popular kids asked me out. You exhaled and decided to soak in it. Matt Hargreaves asked me out, you squealed to yourself, walking into the classroom.

The whispers. Your mood instantly darkened. These people were so annoying. You sat down at your desk and set your books down on the ground directly beside you. Some girl next to you leaned over your shoulder. "What are you wearing?" She asked. You looked at your clothes, then over your shoulder at her. "Um, clothes?"

She scoffed. "It looks like you sewed together dishrags." Some people behind you started snickering quietly. "Wow, how creative. You deserve a round of applause," you responded sarcastically, looking back at the front of the classroom. The (nameless) teacher had gotten up and was now standing in front of the board, tapping his foot impatiently. Class had begun.

- Time Skip -

While you were taking notes, you felt an aggressive tug on your hair. "Huh?" You looked sideways. As you did, you felt.. "What the hell?!" You shot up and whirled around. A chunk of your hair was lying on the desk behind you. The same girl who insulted you was sitting in her chair holding a pair of scissors. She gave you a smug grin.

Your eyes stung. Hot tears started forming in your eyes but you blinked them away. "Wh-why did you do that?" You asked sharply, cursing yourself out mentally for stuttering. She didn't respond. She simply waved the hair she chopped off in your face. You stared at her blankly. Don't cry, don't cry. Too late. Tears started streaming down your face.

She stared at you, then snickered. The class was instantly filled with snickering and whispering. You stood up and darted out of the classroom. "Bri!" The teacher snapped behind you. You ran down the hall, trying to get to the bathroom. You bumped into someone in the process.  "Y/N?" You looked up. Ginger hair, freckles. "..Matt."

He blinked down at you. "What happened? Why are you crying?" You narrowed your eyes and pointed at your hair. "What the- who did that?!" He asked sharply. You opened your mouth to respond but the lump in your throat prevented you from doing so. You instantly looked at the ground. Matt looked up randomly. "You- Bri.. What did you do?!" You whirled around.

(Ayee we got an anime standoff.) Matt stood in front of you defensively. "I cut her hair," Bri responded proudly, standing at the end of the hall. "Y-you.." Matt flinched. You walked around him and over to Bri, who stood her ground and watched smugly. You balled your hand into a fist and slammed it into her face. She yelped and doubled over. She looked up at you and crawled backward.

"That's a new low, even for you!" You hissed, flexing your fingers. You had never punched someone before, so your knuckles burned. "You psychotic.. psychotic bitch!" Bri screamed. You glared at her. "You were the one who cut my hair. For no reason." You walked past her. "I'm going to the nurse." Bri glared after you, eyes pooling with angry tears. Matt looked after you, too, in complete awe. -

TBC..