♡ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs | ᴛᴏᴍ x ʏ/ɴ ♡

F/N = Friend Name

- You and Tom had always been close. You met in elementary school, and your relationship just kinda escalated from there. You always felt a little more for him, but you resisted the urge to tell him since he'd talk to you about his crushes for hours. On a daily basis. It bothered you a little more than you wanted to admit, but you never told him.

Until today.

You and Tom were walking alongside the lake. It was his turn to buy you food today. You sipped on your F/D and took a seat on a bench overlooking the water. Tom slid in next to you. This seemed like the perfect moment to just admit that you liked him. The perfect setting, the perfect day... But unfortunately, Tom had other plans.

"Do you think F/N likes me?" You choked on your F/D. "What?" Was he really going after your friends now? Why couldn't he just look at you for a change? He had crushes on everyone at that school except for you. You were starting to feel a little self-conscious. What if you weren't good-looking enough? Tom seemed to have a knack for things like that.

"Y/N?" At the sound of your name, you awkwardly jerked out of your troubled thoughts. "I dunno, maybe? I think they have a crush on someone else," you replied half-heartedly. "Oh." The silence that followed was a little tough to bear, so you poked him in the ribs. "But at least you have me," you joked, trying to hint at your feelings.

"Yeah, thanks for always being there for me," Tom agreed, smiling at you. You felt like you were going to melt. "You're a really good friend." You felt like you were going to seize to exist. "Oh, t-thanks..." You averted your gaze. You were just friend-zoned. By the one guy you had always had feelings for. "Wanna crash at my dorm?" Tom offered.

You could barely hear the question. "Y/N?" Tom shouldered you. "What?" You asked, a bit detached. "Do you wanna come to my dorm?" He repeated. You shrugged a response. "It's getting dark. If we wanna get there before nighttime we gotta get a move on," Tom stood up and stretched. You stood up beside him.

He led you through the glowing pink streets of London. You awkwardly paraded beside him, silent. "Are you okay?" Tom asked suddenly. "Why wouldn't I be?" You asked softly, stopping to throw away your empty container of F/D. He halted beside you. "I dunno, you seem a little troubled," he clarified, looking at you expectantly.

"I'm fine," you responded blandly. He narrowed his eyes. "C'mon, I've known you forever, you think I can't tell when something's bothering you?" He pressed. You grumbled under your breath. You and your stupid crushes are what's bothering me! You wanted to yell out. You bit your lip to prevent yourself from actually going through with it.

Tom stared at you quizzically, then he turned and continued down the street. You followed slowly. Maybe I should just go home. I don't want to argue all night. You paused again before shaking your head and continuing to walk. I need a study partner, anyways... You reasoned with yourself. Something might happen. You added, glowing red.

In a blink of an eye, you found yourself lying on Tom's bed using your laptop. Tom was sitting beside you drying off his hair. He tugged at a lock of his hair and it bounced right back into place, so he tossed his towel across the room and glanced at your screen. "Whatcha doing?" He asked. "Research," you answered blankly.

"Oh, boo." Tom stood up and walked over to his window. He stood there for a bit before beckoning you over. You shut your laptop and walked over to him. "What?" Tom pointed up at the sky. "Look at the stars, Y/N." You followed his gaze. "Let's get a better view," Tom walked out of his room. You hurried after him.

You and Tom stood in front of his dorm building, gazing up at the stars. "It's beautiful..." You muttered. Tom dropped onto his back. You glanced at him. He patted the ground beside him. "Stargazing," you said, laying down beside him. W-what if... You casually brushed your hand against his. He seemed unaffected, so you slid your fingers in between his.

He was completely silent, so you glanced over at him. His face was completely flushed. Oops. You pulled away and sat up. "U-Um..." Tom sat up and blinked at you. "Y/N..." He gazed at you intently. You flinched under his stare. "I'm sorry," you muttered, hanging your head. You didn't want to see his expression. That was a mistake. I shouldn't have...

You looked up at the stars, making eye contact with everything but Tom. "I love you." You snapped your attention to Tom. His face and ears were red. "What?" He stared at you. W-wait... Did... "You're being serious," his question sounded more like a statement. You whipped your head to look in the other direction.

"I love you too," Tom muttered. You felt him edge closer to you, but you still couldn't bring yourself to look at him. Even with his confession, you still felt odd. "Can you tell me what was bothering you now?" He asked. You looked at your hands. I guess I'd better tell him then. Since he likes me back, and stuff... 

"I guess I was kinda bothered that you always talked to me about other people," you admitted, fiddling with your fingers. "Oh, sorry," Tom apologized. You thought you heard amusement in his apology. "Hmph," you laid back down onto your back. Tom copied your action. He wrapped an arm around your shoulder and pointed out all the constellations he saw.

You snuggled closer to him and yawned. This was all you ever wanted. To be here with Tom. Not as friends, but as something more. You smiled and closed your eyes. This was the life. You fell asleep to the sound of Tom's steady breathing and the trees rustling around you. -