♡ ᴄᴏʟᴀ ᴋɪᴅs | ᴇᴅᴅ x ʏ/ɴ ♡

Genre: Fluff IG? I dunno.

AU: Just Eddsworld.

Pronouns: Pronouns aren't used in this chapter, so I guess they/them.

TW: None :)

- You groaned and looked over at your alarm clock. 2:53, you read, sitting up. You clearly weren't going back to sleep any time soon, so you decided to go down to the kitchen. You looked through your fridge until you found a can of cola hidden behind some containers of food, then you walked into the living room and hopped onto your couch. Your roommate, F/N, was a heavy sleeper, so you could watch some TV.

You turned it on and clicked through the channels until you found some sort of sitcom. It looked pretty funny, so you decided to stick around and watch it. In the middle of the episode, you heard a faint knock at the front door. What the-?  You stood up and peeked through the curtains and out the window. You couldn't see the front door from here.

You sneaked into the kitchen and grabbed a rolling pin from the kitchen, then sneaked over to the front door. It had little windows on the sides, so you crouched down and peeked through one of them. Your eyes widened. Why is he here?!  You thought, alarmed, as you stood up and opened the door for your guest.

You were met with a semi-tall brunette wearing a gray "smeg head" shirt and brown khakis. He smiled sweetly at you. "Edd, what are you doing here?" You asked, stepping outside and shutting the door behind you. "I couldn't sleep," he said bluntly. "And that's a good excuse to come to my house at 3 in the morning?" You asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"I don't know, I saw the light from your TV when I looked out the window, and I was also bored." He looked at the cola can in your hand. "Ooh, can I have some?" He asked, looking back up at you. "I think I have an extra in the fridge," you said, opening the door again. "Wait here." You left Edd at the door and walked into the kitchen.

You searched through your fridge until you found another can of cola, then you walked back outside and gave Edd his cola. "Thanks!" He popped it open and took a couple of swigs before pounding on his chest with his fist and swallowing. You sat down on the first step of your porch. Edd blinked and sat down next to you.

Sittin' here with my crush, you said to yourself, sipping some cola and glancing at Edd. He was watching you with a nervous look on his face, but he quickly looked away when you looked over. "What's up?" You asked, taking another sip of cola. "I dunno," Edd replied blandly. "Please, you looked away when I looked at you. The universal sign of nervous." (NOT)

"I gotta tell you something, but I don't think it'll help our friendship if I do," Edd admitted, looking at the can in his hand. "Spill, I won't judge, promise!" You stuck your pinky out under his chin. He intertwined his free pinky with yours and sighed, wrapping both hands around his cola can. His eyes were glued to the floor.

"Tom told me I shouldn't," he insisted. "C'mon, Edd! I just made a pinky promise," you said, leaning sideways. "Okay, fine." He turned and made direct eye contact with you. Jeez, talk about intense. "I... like you," he said nervously. You just stared at him. His eyes were burning. Was he waiting for you to say something?

"I like you, too," you said bluntly. "You do?" He tipped his head and looked across the street at the moon. "Yeah, I didn't know you did, too." Edd snickered. "Tord said I was being obvious, I'm surprised." You shrugged. "I guess I'm just really stupid," you snorted, taking a sip of cola. "You're not stupid," he insisted.

You and Edd talked for a bit, then you parted ways. He went back to his house and you went back into yours. But you didn't leave without a kiss and a hug. When you turned to close the door, Edd was still walking up to his house, literally skipping. "Heh, dork." -