jealousy

The three walked into their class, Miguel and Demetri paired up as Olivia took a seat next to her brother, Harry. Sam walked into the class, with a lollipop sticking on her shoulder. students started laughing which made her turn around.

 ''thanks for the blow pop guys, really never gets old.''  some conversation started between Miguel and Demetri. Olivia kept her gaze at Sam, who sat down alone. The two always pair together but  Olivia still haven't talked to Sam yet. she knew she had to do it soon. otherwise she'd have to consider the friendship gone. Olivia thought she might be overreacting. but it wasn't easy. seeing the guy you like- used to like-  becoming obsessed with her best friend, (who in Olivia's opinion, was much prettier than she is) hurt her. made her feel like she would never have a chance, but at the end, she has Robby, she shouldn't care about a chance with another boy. right?

''hey everybody, who let the pigs out? I did, because I ordered the fetal pigs'' the teacher said with a chuckle. Nobody laughed which made the atmosphere drop. ''but seriously, get in your groups.''   ''Mr. Palmer. my partner's absent.'' Sam got up and lied. ''Who wants to take Samantha in? this little piggy needs a group'' the room went silent. ''don't all volunteer at once'' Harry went to raise his hand when Olivia smacked it. ''ow! what? you don't want to team up with Sam? why?'' he asked, Olivia ignored his question and started her work which made Harry smirk. ''oooo, beef! what happened?'' he asked curiously ''nothing, shut up!'' ''okay, fine, I'll just ask Yasmine.'' the girl rolled her eyes. a conversation in-front of them caught her attention. she saw Sam grab a chair and put it next to Miguel, she sat down and gratefully smiled at Miguel, which made his face flush. a hint of jealousy and anger flew through Olivia, what the hell does Sam thinks she's doing? 

everybody started  their work, Miguel was cheking the pig when Sam asked ''so, what are you thinking for sex?'' which made Miguel stutter not knowing what to say. ''beacause, in the male, this tracts should open up near the umbilical cord, so I think ours is female.'' Sam explained, pointing the point out, which made Olivia mentally scream, please, she knows what she's doing.

''thanks for.. um.. helping me out, by the way.'' Sam suddenly spoke. ''yeah, I mean I'm sure you would've found another group'' said Miguel. ''I meant with the fight.'' dang, Sam. I was in your house the other day, and you couldn't bother to say thank you to me? I took the majority in the fight, you know?  ''oh, yeah. someone had to take care of those assholes'' Miguel said with a cocky voice. ''yeah, but no one else did.'' Sam replied, the two stared at each other dreaming-ly which made Olivia clench her jaw, she had enough. she asked to go to the bathroom but ended up skipping, which made Sam take a mental note to talk to her later on.

---

Olivia dragged herself to the dojo, she noticed a way less amount of people in the dojo. Johnny won't like this. she wanted to go see Robby but it would be suspicious for her to miss two classes in a row. she went to the office to talk to Johnny, which was Miguel's idea. she didn't name the actual reason, something told her it will start problems.

''Sensei?'' she called out, ''come in.'' she went into the office and slowly walked up to him ''hi, so. I'm sorry for skipping yesterday's class. I had to meet up with my friend, he needed help.'' she quickly explained, but Johnny seemed to be only half listening, which made her nervous. ''he? what friend? is he your boyfriend? does he go to this class?'' he asked with a smirk. finally directally looking at the girl. Olivia rolled her eyes as her face turned red. ''no, like I said, a friend.'' ''well, high school lovers start off as friends.'' she kept quite. ''listen I don't mind you skipping, just don't do it again.'' he said standing up, Olivia nodded and said ''well, you have a class to teach''. him asking about Robby gave Olivia a werid (good) feeling. she wasn't used to an grown up man asking her about her dating life, her dad died when she was young so they never got to do that talk. and Mr. L doesn't ask, if his own daughter doesn't share, why would Olivia?

 Johnny came into the class and yelled ''okay, everybody, fall in!'' that's when he noticed the low amount of people 

''where's everyone?'' he asked. ''Crater face? Nose ring? Slingshot?'' ''they quit, Sensei.'' Miguel said, looking down in embaressment. ''are you serious? I mean, good. that was a test. I wanted to see who the quitters are, not you guys. you're in it to win it, right? you could be at home laying your iComputers. playing your video games, eating candy. Instead you're here, doing push ups, learing how to fight.'' he stopped for a second and pointed at Eli. ''Lip. look. Even Lip is tougher than those guys. he's no quitter.'' he said, everybody started looking at him which made him embarressed. ''could you please not call me that?'' Eli spoke, which made Olivia tense up, she knew Johnny never excepted anyone to talk back at him. ''excuse me, what?''

''I-i said could you please not call me that.'' Eli said, with a higher note. ''um, I'll warm them up, Sensei'' Olivia jumped in, knowing this is about to go down. ''no, Lip has something he wants to say.'' Johnny cut her. but Eli went silent. ''sorry, speak up, Lip. or is your toung messed up too? or you one of those challenged kids?''

''um, the doctor said I could be on the spectrum.''

''I don't know what that is, but get it off promo. All right? if you don't want me to call you Lip don't have a werid lip, Can't you get a surgery?''

''I was born with a cleft lip, this is a scar from the surgery.''

''you mean it was worse befoe that? or did the doctor just screw up? Beacause if this is the after photo, that sucks, man. You should sue.''

''can we just please change the topic?''

''you don't think I want to? It's tough when it's right in front of me. if you wanna be something other than a nerd with a scar on his lip, you gotta flip the script. OK? Get a face tattoo or guge your eye out. We'll call you 'Patch'. all right? No, don't do that one. You'll still look like a freak.'' 

Eli looked around, his eye's glossy as he stormed out of the dojo. Olivia and Miguel looked at each other, Olivia with a sad look but Miguel with a annoyed one. the boy sighed after Johnny said : ''oh, great, another quitter.''

The teenagers knocked at the office's door, Miguel dragged Olivia with him to talk to Johnny about the whole Eli thing. he felt like if she was watching, he'd be more confident to stan up for his friend.

''go away, no more lessons today.''the sensei said as he sipped his beer. they ignored him and walked in anyways, ''did you have to be so hard on them?'' asked Miguel. ''oh, come on Diaz they're a bunch of losers'' Johnny sighed. ''yeah, well some of these losers are our friends''  Miguel defended while Olivia nodded in agreement. to be honest, she thought what Johnny's doing is normal. that's how her dad taught her. and is how Campell is teaching right now. without this type of teaching, Olivia would've been completly lost. ''yeah, that tracks'' Johnny replied, sitting down. ''and they're your students. You wanted a full dojo, you got one!''

''yeah not full like that''

'' yeah I get it. All right they're losers, Maybe I'm a loser too.'' Miguel said, slight hurt in his voice.  Johnny mocked. ''are you kidding me? are you gonna cry now too?'' ''no it's-'' Miguel sighed. trying to find the right words to discribe the feeling of being builled. Sadly, Johnny seems like he never expirenced it. ''never mind it's just- you don't know what it's like to be us. See you tomorrow.'' Miguel said. he gently grabed Olivia's wrist. silently saying 'bye' Olivia smiled slightly and turned to Johnny. whose face was full of guilt. Once Miguel was out. the girl spoke. ''hey, don't worry about him. he's just.. a little annoyed'' she said. hoping to make him feel better but Johnny's facial expressions didn't change. still concerned. so she spoke again saying. ''and.. by the way. I think the way you're teaching isn't so bad. You just have to be nice at first, gain their trust, then slowly qoute everything you want to say. That's how my dad taught me.'' Johnny looked up. the last sentence got his attention. was Olivia's dad a sensei? and taught? maybe he was a sensei then quit?. he kept that buried since this is still their second conversation. ''thanks.'' he said. Olivia smiled and went her own way.