five ➺ promises you can't keep

。 ۪۪۫۫  ༄ؘ *♡∞:。

。 ۪۪۫۫  ༄ؘ *♡∞:。.。

FIVE, PROMISES YOU CAN'T KEEP

     NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL WAS THE MOST miserable day. Not because of Will's apparent 'death', she for sure knew the little boy is alive. Her worry was with Eleven, Joyce, her dad, and everything that made no sense from the literal, logical perspective.

In Chemistry — which was certainly one of her favourite subjects — she was doodling on the edge of her paper. She had merely written two lines. However, doodling or getting lost in thoughts was the way she had always put any puzzle together.

She remembered when she and Sara used to play detective with Jim. In his free time, he would give his daughters solved and unsolved cases to play around with, and the girls would spend hours making mindmaps and connecting the dots. Most of the time, Daphne would put the pieces together for the little girl, in order to let her figure out the final answer. This would put a smile on the excitement on both girls' faces.

"Daphne Hopper?" The teenager was snapped out of her long-lost thoughts as she looked up, ready to get yelled at for not doing a single piece of work.

However, she was left shocked as the principal stood at the doorway, "Could I borrow her for a second, please?" He asked the chemistry teacher politely.

The whole class started to whisper and murmur as Daphne stood, roughly grabbed her bag, and left the classroom.

She rolled her eyes visibly at the presence of Callahan and Powell, not that she didn't love the two officers, they were genuinely stupid in the nicest way possible.

Powell was somewhat tolerable, Daphne couldn't stand the sight of Callahan.

"What's going on?" She easily assumed they would ask questions about Will's death, putting closure to the investigation.

Her tired expression was soon replaced by a confused one as Powell asked, "I need you to tell me everything that happened before Barbara Holland stopped coming to school?"

Something in Daphne snapped together like puzzels, and she opened her eyes wide realising Nancy asked her where Barb was, between all the mess around her, she had completely forgotten to pay the slightest bit of attention to that; she felt horrible about it.

"I—we were just part- hanging out at Steve's—" She stuttered.

"I'm assuming it was you, Tommy Halgan, Carol Perkins, and uh—" He looked down at his paper, "Nancy Wheeler and her friend Barbara Holland?" He stated the obvious.