one ➺ barbie

✧༺♥༻∞

✧༺♥༻∞

ONE, BARBIE

     UPON ARRIVING AT HAWKINS HIGH, Daphne Hopper stayed in her car and waited for the area to be less populated. Things had changed since senior year started, she wasn't talking to Carol and Tommy at all, Steve was with Nancy — all the time, leaving her alone, by herself.

Alone, lost in her thoughts, she jumped at the knock at her car's window, "Hey!" She greeted with a smile, opening the window to hear Steve Harrington better.

"C'mon, let's go in." He motions with his hand.

Daphne hums a little, "Where's Nancy?" She asks quietly.

"She's waiting for us, at the gate." Steve says when a loud car interrupted them, making its way into the parking lot with 'Rock You Like a Hurricane' blasting into the air.

A guy their age and a younger redheaded girl got out, and she slammed the door and walked away as quickly as possible.

"Did I just time-travel? That's definitely you from 4 years ago." Steve jokes.

Daphne gets out of her car and slaps Steve's arm, her eyes still on the blonde boy who walked down the crowd of people with insane confidence for a new boy.

"Who's that?"

"We go to the same school, Daph, I don't know." He says, a frown plastered to his lips.

Daphne furrows her eyebrows and looks at Steve as he looks down to make eye contact, the girl then starts giggling, "What?" Steve questions. Daphne continues to laugh as Steve starts to laugh also but with confusion, "What?"

"You're jealous."

"I am not." Steve defends himself, "He—he's nothing against me." He runs a hand through his hair as Daphne continues to laugh at how embarassed he looked.

Seeing her giggle, Steve couldn't control his laugh and the pair started to make their way in.

Steve waved at Nancy who stood with a pile of books in her hand, however, she didn't look very happy as she clutched those books closer to her chest, furrowing eyebrows at the pair walking towards her, which made Daphne stop laughing immediately.

"Hey! Nance!" Steve called as she ignored him, turned around and went inside school.

Steve frowned as Daphne sighed, "C'mon, we'll be late." She starts to walk away as the boy follows her.

After the first period, she goes by her locker to grab her Biology book when an extremely strong smell of cologne filled her, it smelled really good, but the amount was overwhelming.