six ➺ promethium

⋆

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

IT TOOK DAPHNE A MOMENT to remember where she was when she first woke up the following morning, but when she did, her heart sank at Erica repeatedly banging the green glass vial against the metal table.

"Hey, hey, Robin!" The redhead signaled to Robin as she climbed down into the room.

"Be careful with that!" Robin yelled quickly, taking the material away from the youngest girl, "We don't even know what this is."

"Exactly, it could be useful."

"Useful how?"

"To shut you guys up." Aaron groaned, waking up.

"We're literally about to die, sleeping is your first priority?"

"We can survive down here a long time without food," Erica explained, "But if human body doesn't get water, it will die."

"Shit, I did not know that." Daphne dramatically gasped, rolling her eyes.

"I hate to break it to you, but this isn't water." Robin stated.

"No, but it's liquid," Erica argued, "And if it comes down to me drinking that shit or dying of thirst, I drink."

"You'd die either way," Daphne scoffed, "I swear I'm never babysitting you even if your mum pays me triple."

"You're just grumpy because I don't kiss up to you like Lucas does." Eric grinned.

Then a sound from outside the elevator caught their attention, everyone shushed each other and Daphne pressed her ear against the door, trying to figure out what the sound was.

Robin joined and the girls shared a panicked look as they realised the sound was coming from an approaching vehicle.

"We've got company." Robin declared as they all climbed up the ladder to where Steve and Dustin were.

The six of them were scared to breathe as the men got in, collecting some boxes. They waited till they left and meanwhile, Steve came up with an escape plan. He grabbed the canister from Erica's hand and jumped back down into the elevator, sliding the metal underneath the door to prevent it from shutting fully.

"Go, go!" he urged the others as they all squeezed through the small space, one by one."

The moment the last person - Aaron was out of the elevator, the canister shattered, sending a cloud of smoke into the air. The green liquid seeped out and burnt a hole in the ground.

"Jesus Christ." Steve mumbled.

"You still wanna drink that?" Robin jokingly asked Erica who scowled.

"Holy mother of God." Came Dustin's voice as they all turned to him.