tweleve ➺ trumpet, not a clarinet

⋆

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

STEVE HARRINGTON'S FACE WAS STILL reddened from embarrassment by his previous declaration of love for the redhead. Robin Buckley on the other hand was happy for her friend, a small smile graced her lips at his obvious admiration for Daphne Hopper, even if it left a saddening effect on her. The only wish Aaron Crawford had was a world where his friend Robin could be as public and honest about loving a woman as Steve was, but she didn't have the same luxuries in the judgemental society they lived in.

The six of them stayed in the bathroom, waiting for the movie to finish in order to blend in with the crowd exiting. 

"Dustin continued scolding Aaron, "I expected better from you, I thought you were the only rational one-"

"Hey, Aaron?" Robin called, causing Aaron to leave Dustin's side and move next to her, "It was a trumpet case." 

"What?" He chuckled in confusion.

"I used to bring a trumpet, not a clarinet." She whispered.

Aaron scoffed, "That's all you got from my deepest confession?" He frowned dramatically, placing a hand on his chest to make Robin laugh.

"Only nerds play clarinet, okay?" She laughed, her laugh made Aaron giggle like school girls, earning a look from Daphne and Steve.

Steve pulled a napkin from the dispenser, turning on the sink and wetting it carefully before he raised it to the redhead's lips, gently wiping away the dried blood. A silence fell over as her eyes trailed over his face, his tongue stuck out slightly in concentration, glancing up to her eyes to make sure he wasn't hurting her.

The boy's eyes softened as he traced his thumb over her bruises, thoughts running rampant through his head as he delicately brushed his thumb along her bottom lip, using his other hand to run the napkin over her cheek.

The duo switched tasks as he leaned against the sink, Daphne stood in between his legs, closer to him and wiping away as much dry blood as possible using another wet napkin.

"What's on your mind?" Dahne cracked a smile as he stared at her while she dabbed his face lightly.

Steve stayed silent, a flurry of unreadable emotions swirling around his eyes. His hand dropped to her waist as he looked from her lips up to her eyes. Inhaling shakily, he finally spoke, "You."

"You're an idiot." She smirked.

"You're stunning." He whispered.

Loud murmuring, muffled by the door - telling them the movie had finally ended and the mall was about to close. The six of them raced to the door, peeking their heads out to find everyone filing out of the cinema. Dustin counted down as they blended into several people passing by. Steve and Daphne pushed the two younger kids in front of the four older ones, keeping an eye on them although it's been the opposite for the day.