nine ➺ wizard

。 ۪۪۫۫  ༄ؘ *♡∞:。

。 ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ *♡∞:。.。

NINE, WIZARD

     AFTER THE EVENT WITH THE DEMOGORGON, the four had headed back to Hawkins Middle School. They had expected to find the boys broken into the school's kitchen, most likely devouring the pudding. To their misfortune, they had arrived at a different kind of a mess.

Surrounding the school had been police cars and vans and ambulances with their lights shining through the night. Daphne had been the first to jump out of Jonathon's car before he had the chance to park. Moving through the huge crowd, she called out for the kids. 

Once Dustin Henderson came into view, she pushed past all the police and eventually fell to her knees before him, cupping his face in her hands as she looked the kid over, "Holy shit! What happened? Is everyone okay?"

Dustin remained quiet as his gaze was elsewhere. Following his eyes, she looked over her shoulder where Steve stood awkwardly, making his way over, "He knows." She whispered, "He sort of saved me or whatever."

"Gross," Dustin loudly responded, "Where did you go? You look like shit." He pointed to her injury which was currently tightly wrapped with Steve's denim jacket.

"Monster hunting." The girl smiled softly.

"It hurt you?"

"A little, but, uh, Steve kinda beat the hell out of it." She looked over at the older teen again who gave a small wave to Dustin's unimpressed self.

"He looks like shit too," The curly-headed boy commented.

      At the hospital, Daphne sat between Lucas and Dustin snoring on either of her shoulders, snoring as they've never snored before.

The whole time, she didn't have a single second of peace from these two—more annoying than the monsters—kids twitching around like twigs and mumbling rubbish in their ridiculously deep sleep.

A thick bandage was wrapped around her arm, she ignored the pains she yet felt and looked over at Mike—who was devasted from the loss of Eleven—to send him a reassuring, soft smile which he returned and glanced back to the floor immediately.

Mike was only ready to tell her what had happened at the school, he explained how Eleven saved them one last time and in the process, she ended up sacrificing herself.

Daphne's heart ached for the boy's devastating loss, he was heartbroken and so was she. The little girl started to remind her of her little sister, and she couldn't even take care of her.