Chapter 16: Silence Broken

Link awoke the next morning with a feeling of contentment he had never felt before. Mipha was still asleep laying across his chest and her arm around him. He gently lifted her arm off of him and gave her a kiss on the cheek before slowly sliding out from under her as to not wake her.  He stepped into the bathroom and changed back into the steel plated soldiers armor. He was going up to the Sheikah tower at the top of the citadel to sync his slate with it for Purah's teleporter and stop Ganondorf from being able to use it any longer to spy on the defenders.

It was still very early in the morning and the sun was still barely on the horizon. Link was the only of the champions awake at this point. He looked at his slate that read 05:11 as he ascended the stairs toward the upper areas of the citadel. As he approached some heavy doors a couple of soldiers gave him a salute and pushed the doors open for him. They lead to a rooftop courtyard of sorts where the upper part of the Sheikah tower protruded from the center. It still glowed an orange color much like the one in East Necluda before he had reclaimed it.

A hundred or so of the soldiers of the 9th were doing their morning physical training routine such as pull ups and sit ups and as they saw Link walk out onto the courtyard, they immediately stopped what they were doing and one of them yelled. "Officer inbound, 9th Atten-tion!"

Link nodded at the soldiers. "No, you are fine. Carry on." as they went back to their routine.

He began to climb up the textured neck of the tower and the cool autumn breeze of the  province was making him a bit cold. It didn't take him long to reach the top though, since only a third or so of the tower stuck out of the top of the citadel. He approached the console in the center of the main platform and inserted his slate into the slot. The slate flipped around and "distilling map data..." appeared on the screen as the large crystal like structure hanging above began to glow with blue runes. Just like the other tower, it dropped a droplet of data onto the slates screen and it updated with detailed map information. The tower's color also had changed to blue and a glowing circle appeared on the platform. Likely this circle Link thought was some sort of teleportation platform that Purah could send soldiers to with her machine.

Link looked at his slate as he stood in the center of this circle and it provided him an option of travelling to the Hateno tower in East Necluda. This is something Purah had never told him. His slate itself could allow him to travel from tower to tower. 

Link used his hang glider to quickly sail back down to the roof of the citadel where the soldiers were now staring in awe at the sudden change in the color of the tower. Several Rito refugees had also flown to the top of the citadel to witness the spectacle.

It was now approaching breakfast time so, Link decided to go see if Mipha was awake to go get a bite to eat before beginning the days duties. As he stepped back into their room, Link could hear the water running from the bathroom. She was likely freshening up so he sat back on the sofa to read some more of Majora's Mask while he waited.

The door to the bathroom opened after about 20 minutes and the smell of lotus flowers entered the room. The smell STILL made Link swoon.

"Oh love, you are back!" Mipha said with a smile. "Did you sleep okay?"

"Like a baby!" Link exclaimed. "Best sleep in years."

Mipha had also put her ancient armor back on. They needed to be battle ready at all times during the duration of their stay here.

"I went up to the tower and reclaimed it while you finished sleeping." Link explained. "Came back and wanted to see if you wanted to go get some breakfast."

"Of course, dearest." Mipha giggled. "I could likely eat a whole swordfish by myself right now!"

As they ventured to the dining hall they were pleased to see that Daruk, Urbosa and Groose were already there and had reserved seats for them at their table.