Chapter 19: Calm Waters

Link sat up from his chair at the dining table in the Akkala Citadel dining hall. He had just finished a spicy omelette and his mouth was still tingling quite a bit. A bit of sweat had formed on his forehead. Three days had passed since the hard fought victory they had sacrificed so much for.

"I thought you could handle your food!" Urbosa joked with a grin. "It's not THAT spicy."

Daruk had consumed about 20 of them in the time it took Link and Urbosa to finish one. "Spicy? I didn't even feel a slight tingle.." Daruk laughed to himself at what humans considered "Hot".

"Thanks for joining me guys, I have to go check on Mipha." Link tipped a two fingered salute to them.

"Is she still unconcious?" Urbosa asked. "No signs at all of stirring?"

"Nothing yet.." Link sighed. "She spent more energy in three days healing the wounded and fighting than most people would spend in a year." Link thought a moment before asking, "How's Knight-Commander Groose doing after that brutal wound the other night?" Link had promoted Groose the very next day due to his promise and the exceptional leadership he had displayed.

"Says it's still sore... whining like a baby. I even had to help wash him like one." Urbosa blushed.

"Gerudo wash people in strange ways..." Daruk blurted out. "I don't know how jumping up and wrapping your legs around someone and putting your mouth on their neck gets anything clean." 

Link couldn't help it and instantly busted out laughing.. "Wait.... You? And Groose?"

"WHY CAN'T YOU KEEP YOUR BIG MOUTH SHUT YOU STONE GORILLA?!" Urbosa's skin was as red as her hair. "Pffft.. I guess no use hiding it now.." Urbosa tried to calm herself.. "Yes.. I decided to take Groose as my mate... He did save my life after all. He may be a loudmouth idiot, but he is also strong and brave.... qualities any vai would seek in a voe."

"Well, I am happy for you two." Link smiled. "Really."

"Go check on your princess. We'll talk later." Urbosa waved to him as he left the hall.

Link gently opened the door into Mipha and he's chambers where she was still resting peacefully on the bed. He dipped a rag into a bowl of cool water on the nightstand and used it as a cool compress for her forehead.

"Please be okay." Link thought to himself as he gently caressed her cheek. He took a deep breath and even though she couldn't hear him, he couldn't wait to tell her the news. "They are going to build a statue of you in the parade grounds, watching over the fallen now buried there. The soldiers are calling you the "Hero of Akkala". I'm so proud of you." A tear ran down his cheek.

He decided to climb into the bed next to her where he decided to finish reading "Majora's Mask". He was completely enthralled in the tales of the Hero of Time. He had plenty of time to read over the last few days of recovering. He lost track of time and read well into the evening. He had finally finished it.

"And thus the legendary Hero of Time vanquished the foul monster Majora with the help of the Fierce Diety Mask and reunited the four giants with their friend Skullkid. Together they had stopped the menacing moon from destroying their once peaceful land. Not much is known about where the hero went after he returned home from Termina as he disappeared from record but, it is said that he settled down with a ranchers daughter and lived a quiet life raising horses. The End."

"From destroying Ganon to stopping an evil mask infesting demon and stopping moons from falling to raising horses huh?" Link thought. "Sounds like something I'd do if given the chance."

He closed the book and sat it next to the bed. The sun had fully gone down and the only lighting in the room was the glow of the candle on his nightstand. He blew it out and decided to get some sleep.