Chapter 2: Stubborn Walls

Your frightened mother paced around her bedroom. Your father stood near the dresser while your brother Izaak sat on one of the reading chairs, his two year old daughter Ezra on his lap.

"Okay, okay," your mother stopped pacing and turned to your overwhelmed father. "Link, tell me what happened again."

"I told ____ to patrol the northwest end of the village while I helped move some wood," Link explained. "Not too long after, I heard her call out for help and a loud scream not too long after. I tried looking everywhere for her, but I had no idea where she was. All I found was her horse and her sword and shield on the ground."

Your mother's knees collapsed and she slumped down on the bench in front of her's and Link's bed. "What could have happened to her?"

"We'll figure out what happened to her, Zelda. I promise," Link reassured, though it was clear he was saying that for himself as well.

Izaak bounced Ezra on his leg. He sighed, a thought coming through his mind that he very much did not want to believe. "What if it was the Zora?" he thought out loud.

"The Zora?" Zelda gasped. "There's no way. There's no reason. They would never do such a thing!"

"We leave no stone unturned," Link stepped forward and set his hand on Zelda's shoulder.

"I know that our relationship with the Zora hasn't been great since the calamity, but I can't bring myself to believe it. Dorephan and Sidon would never condone such a cruel and awful thing!"

"Zelda, even Dorephan and Sidon were skeptical of Hylians when I came to stop Vah Ruta—Sidon especially. In fact, Sidon was even reluctant to let me help stop Ruta. It's very possible that they could've been planning something against us for a while."

"...I hope that's not so."

"I'll call an emergency meeting with all the captains and generals. I want you there too, Zelda. Izaak, I need you go to the press and have them spread the news."

Taken aback from his father's immediate want for publicity, Izaak's eyes went wide. "Are you sure father? Wouldn't that just put the public in complete chaos?"

"It might, but we need all hands on deck. Your sister has the greatest connection to the goddess besides your mother. If anything bad has happened to ____, the future of Hyrule may be doomed."

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

You and the red Zora now overlooked Ulria Grotto. The red Zora sighed, his mind clearly racing with ways of how to get down in the grotto with all the sheer cliffs.

"Guess you're gonna have to put me down, huh?" you teased. "You should untie my ropes so that I can climb down with you."

"Shut up," he scowled.

"Well excuse me—" you paused for a moment, "wait who are you?"

"Prince Sidon," he walked along the edge of the cliff, trying to find a safer route down.

"Well excuuuusseee me princey!" you continued.

"Now what kind of insult is that? How old are you? Six?"

"19 to be exact! Gosh, I figured that as a prince you would treat a fellow princess with respect!"

"And why should I? You're not treating me with any respect," he finally stopped walking and set you down on the ground. "You haven't treated me with any respect this whole time!"

"Cause you kidnapped me! I was literally just minding my own business and—"

"I didn't kidnap you. Two of our stupid soldiers did! And—"

"Oh, shush! I'm sure you were the one leading the whole thing! Now as I was saying, I was patrolling—"

"Oh, sorry, did I ever ask to hear your part of the story? Well let me make it clear, I don't care! So do me a favor and shut up!"

"Ugh!" you rolled your eyes, his stubborn and demeaning attitude grinding on your nerves. "When I get out of these ropes, you're gonna' be feeling a world of pain!"

"Enough!" his face grew even more angry and he grabbed one of his tridents from his back. The middle prong of the trident was inches from your neck, "You have no idea how close I am to killing you right now!"

You stopped speaking and took a shaky breath, looking back into his caramel-yellow eyes. Immediately the fear that you had when you were at the Domain returned.

He touched the tip of his trident to your chin, "I will not tolerate anymore of this. Do you understand?" You nodded slightly and he brought his trident back to him and put it on his back. He then scooped you up with his right arm and your face was smudged up against his tridents again.

"Now what?" your voice shook while you spoke, but you tried to hide it.

"We jump," he stepped backed from the the edge of the grotto several steps.

Your heart skipped a few beats, "Jump?! Are you crazy?!"

"Not as crazy as you!" With no hesitation, Sidon ran full speed towards the cliff edge and jumped head-first—meaning you did as well. You clung onto him for dear life, preparing yourself for the worse.

For a moment you felt weightless, but then gravity kicked in and you fell fast. Did you scream? You didn't even know. You didn't even have much time to process. Because by the time you were just able to grasp the situation... CRASH! You were met with the inability to breathe and every sound seemed fuzzy. Your vision was blurred with a horizon of dark blue gradients. There were silhouettes of fish swimming together and sea plants danced wherever the current moved.

In an instant you were raised to the surface. You coughed, accidentally breathing in water in the process. You looked around at your surroundings for a quick moment, and you were in the lake at the bottom of the grotto.

You splashed your hand down on the water. "What is wrong with you?!" your voice echoed through the sheer cliffs.

"Keep it down," Sidon swam to his right to a small piece of land with a cluster of trees and vegetation.

"How 'bout I don't!" you cupped your hands over your mouth to purposefully make yourself louder. "Hey Hyrule, this hammerhead over here has just done the most stupidest thing alive!"

"You're the stupidest thing alive," he muttered.

"Excuse me?" you gasped. "Who taught you your manners!"

"Who taught you your manners?"

Sidon pushed himself onto land and you heavily sighed. Before you could say anything else, he dropped you flat on the ground, making your wet hair flop in your face. "Hey—ow! You couldn't have dropped me down nicely?" You turned your head to the side so that you hair would fall out of your face. Sidon didn't say anything and walked into the foliage. "Wow, such a gentlemen," you rolled your eyes. Almost immediately after you made that remark, Sidon came back and took one of his tridents out. You scrunched yourself close together, worried that you accidentally drove him over the edge. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean... it?"

To your surprise, Sidon used the trident to cut the ropes attached to your legs. He then cut the ropes around your wrists. You looked up at him confused. Sidon walked back to the foliage, "Come on, you know you won't be able to escape."

You looked around. He was right. This lake won't bring you anywhere since it's surrounded by sheer cliffs. Sure you could try climbing up the cliffs, but Sidon would easily be able to catch you again. There was no escape.

Reluctantly, you followed into the foliage. In it there was a small opening, and on the ground was an opened metal hatch. A ladder led down into the deep darkness of the hole. You looked up at Sidon, who was folding his arms and looking down at you impatiently. Your eyes bounced from the hatch to Sidon a couple of times until you realized what he wanted you to do. And that you will do, because you knew for certain that you had no other choice.

You set your foot on the first ring of the ladder, your body shaking from the cold breeze brushing up against your drenched body. You took a deep breath and stared up at the sky, wondering if this will be your last time seeing the beauty of it. You then set your hands on the ladder and stepped down the ladder one ring at a time.