Chapter 27: Awakened at a Cost

Sidon jutted his trident forward and Link jumped backwards. The king took out his bow and shot an arrow of electricity directly at the prince, but Sidon dodged it and came in at him full force. With a single air slash from Sidon's trident, a line of malice shot forth. Link rolled under it then prepared another shock arrow. However, Sidon jammed his trident into the ground, and a river of malice broke through. The ground cracked, leading the malice to Link. The skilled swordsman jumped and weaved over the growing cracks of malice towards Sidon.

As Link neared him, Sidon lifted his trident out of the ground and ran head on towards Link. The prongs of his trident clashed with Link's sword. Both held their ground for a moment, but Sidon proved to be much stronger. With a spin, Sidon knocked the King's sword out of his hand. As Link stumbled backwards, Sidon jutted his trident into the ground once more, widening the malice cracks even more. One of the cracks broke open right under Link's heel, causing him to stumble back more. The malice then sucked his legs into the ground and chains jutted out, capturing his wrists. The Hero cried in pain. The burning was unbearable. It seeped into his skin slowly.

Sidon pulled his trident out of the ground and slowly stepped over to Link, "To think that my sister wanted you. To think that you could've been my brother in law." He shot a small ray of malice from his trident and the ray wrapped tight around Link's chest, tightening his breath. "She was blinded by love, just like I was only moments ago. You're people are wicked."

Tears began to come to Link's eyes, the pain strengthening with every second. "Sidon..." he struggled out. "I remember... I loved Mipha."

"You lie!" He squeezed his left hand into a fist, the malice constricting tighter. "If you loved her, you would've saved her."

"This trait of yours still holds up to this day, Hero," Raikin added. "Your dear wife, she's struggling on the battlefield. Your granddaughter, she's cowering in fear. Your dear son, well, let's just say that he unfortunately is watching from above."

"What?!" Link's eyes went wide at the comment. Did Izaak die? He couldn't have. There's no way that Izaak could've...

"I give you one last chance," Sidon growled. "Prove to me that you care. Prove it to me by saving your daughter."

You rushed into the battle scene, unaware of the conversation that just occurred. Your eyes fell on your father, and your anxiety immediately heightened. You had to do something before it was too late. "Sidon, stop!" You pleaded. "Fight the malice! Can't you see what you are doing?!"

"____!" Your father called out through gritted teeth. "Get out of here! Run!"

"Such a lousy attempt," Sidon smirked at Link then looked to Raikin. The Yiga master lassoed a rope of malice around you and pulled you close to him.

"Let me go!" You wriggled around, trying to ignore the pain the malice was giving you.

"Go on, Hero. I'm waiting."

The poor king couldn't do anything. At this point the malice was beginning to burn him inside and out. He couldn't even think straight. All he could do was cry. The thought of losing his family pained him. The thought of dying from the blades of Mipha's trident pained him. The thought of failing his whole kingdom pained him. He felt powerless. He felt weak.

As you saw your father struggling through every breath, all you wanted to do was cry. The thought of losing your family pained you. The thought of losing Sidon pained you. The thought of failing your whole kingdom pained you. Just like your father, you felt powerless. You felt weak.

"I guess Sidon was right," Raikin said, an evil grin surely on his face. "You really are a wicked person. Sidon. Kill."

In an instant, time grew slow. The prince rose his trident up and the malice encased it. His caramel yellow eyes stared into Link's pained eyes. The silent Hero closed his eyes, ready to accept his fate. Raikin held you tight as Sidon began to swing down the trident. You watched in horror as the trident inched closer and closer. You needed to do something. You needed to save your father. You needed to stop Sidon.