Chapter 5: Nothing to Repay?

"The Yiga?!" Your mind raced with hundreds of thoughts and fears all at once. If you are handed to the Yiga, there's no telling what they would do to you; they could kill you, enslave you, torture you, use you as leverage. The list could go on and on.

"Yes, so I suggest that you cooperate with me so that they don't receive a battered princess," Sidon began to loosen your chains, but his other hand had a strong grip on you so that you could not escape. At least that didn't stop you from trying.

"I will not let you take me there!" You wriggled around in his grip.

"Would you stop?!" Sidon took out one of his tridents and held the prongs against your throat, but you didn't care. You were more angry than anything. You were already miserable enough, you did not want to give him the pleasure of making your life even more miserable. "If you rebel against me one more time, I will not hesitate."

"Then go ahead!" You taunted. You then noticed the slightest dip in his expression—hesitation—a moment to strike.

You swiped his trident out of his hand and you swiftly pulled yourself out of his grip and moved over around him. You sliced upwards, cutting across his back. Sidon yelped and stumbled back and kneeled down. This gave you enough time to use the trident you stole to unravel the rest of the chains preventing you from escaping.

As you unraveled the last of the chains around your leg, Sidon lunged towards you with his other trident. You dodged his attack and hurried up the ladder as fast as you could. Surprisingly, you made it out before he could catch you, and you looked frantically around you to find some sort of way out. Before you even knew what to do, you felt Sidon forcefully ram into you. You fell flat on your stomach, making the wind get knocked out of you. As you struggled to breath, Sidon picked you up and pinned you up against the wall, his fingers dug into your skin and the prongs on his trident pushed up against your throat.

Your anger now turned into fear as the trident began to push deeper and deeper every second. "Sidon," you breathed out, "please don't."

His rage-filled eyes began to clear and grew intimidating, but then that intimidation failed and his eyes looked weak. "Never..." Sidon breathed heavily and grimaced, "disobey... me..."

His grip loosened on you and his trident fell to the ground. Immediately Sidon collapsed to his side and his hands were tense and shaking. Now you could see that the wound you inflicted on him was much more severe than you intended it to be.

"Sidon..." you didn't know what to do. Part of you wanted to use this moment to escape. He clearly was weak and you would probably find a way out before he could catch you. Although, another part of you wanted to stay and help him. Yes you were angry, but your intention was never to hurt him this badly. If you just left him out here, he could very well die if no one found him in time. Ultimately, you knew what the right decision was, and it pained part of you to do it.

You kneeled down and moved Sidon's body over so that you could get a better look at the wound. It ran diagonally from his right shoulder blade to the left middle of his back. It looked deep. Great job for landing such a great hit, but not a great job for almost killing the guy.

"What are you doing?" Sidon's voice was weak. You were actually surprised at how someone who was so strong and intimidating just moments before now seemed weak and fragile.

"Finding a way to help you," you stood up and walked past him, hoping to find an herb of some kind that may help you.

"Help me? You're the one who did this to me!" He watched you rummage through the bushes and trees. He could feel himself grow weaker every second, and his doubts of surviving began to grow. "There's nothing down here, ____."