Chapter 10: Deal

Sidon paced around frustrated around the dark campsite, the stars being the only source of light. He was looking behind rocks and trees in a slight panic. When he woke up only 30 minutes ago, he came to the realization that his tridents were gone. At first he thought that you took them, but you fell asleep before him, and you were still asleep now.

"Ugh," Sidon growled and stomped over to the rocky bank of Lake Kolomo. He dove into the water, hoping that maybe his tridents fell in it somehow.

You woke up to the sound of water constantly splashing. You rubbed your eyes and stood up. Sidon wasn't anywhere to be seen in the camp, but you found him diving in and out of the lake. You rolled your eyes, figuring that he was trying to get some food.

"Sidon," you walked toward the bank of the lake, "what are you doing? I thought that we were going to eat the food that we collected last night for breakfast... or I mean dinner... or whatever we call it."

Sidon burst to the surface, making water splash all over you. You pouted slightly and wrung your hair out. "This isn't about food. My tridents are gone and I don't know where they went."

"Your tridents?" It now just hit you that Sidon didn't have his tridents with him at all. Usually he always has them near or with him.

"Yes," Sidon swam over to you and walked onto the rocky bank. "I don't think that it's in the lake. I looked everywhere down there."

"Someone must've stolen them. I mean, they are replicas of Mipha's trident, right?"

"Yeah, but why does that matter?" Sidon huffed.

"Well, some people probably stole your tridents to sell them for a lot of money. After all, there are a lot of weapon enthusiasts out there who would die to just even have a replica of a champion's weapon."

"Great, so it can be anyone. Is it even worth looking for?"

"I think so," you began to walk back to camp and Sidon followed. "First of all, you told me last night that you've had those tridents for a long time. We can't just let someone take all that away. Also since we're traveling at night, we've been having to fight a lot of monsters. We don't want to go into the night without a weapon."

"Then where do we start?" Sidon sighed. "These criminals could be anywhere by now. Who knows how long my tridents have been gone?

"Let's start with Gatepost town. People have been complaining to my father that there has been a lot of crime because of the gangs there. I'm sure one of them stole your tridents."

"Alright, lead the way," Sidon gestured toward the town and both of you began to walk towards it.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

You and Sidon peered from behind a building. The both of you watched as these gang members walked into the pub. Admittedly, you were nervous to confront them. They looked very intimidating, and not having a weapon on you made you feel even more uneasy.

"Are you sure we should do this, ____?" Sidon whispered.

"I mean, it's our best bet—" you stopped speaking and quietly gasped. Sidon held his breath. A confident looking male Hylian walked up to the pub doors with the tridents. Another Hylian opened the door for him and both of them walked in coolly.

"Huh, you were right."

"You didn't believe me before?"

"Honestly? Not really."

"Whatever, I'm going in. You stay here, okay?" You began to move around the corner, but Sidon grabbed your hand.

"Wait, you're going in alone?" Sidon asked concerned.