Chapter 21: Droplets

You rushed into the infirmary to see Riju, Yunobo, and Teba laying on beds. All of them were bandaged up in several places, and had traces of cuts and deep bruises. It has only been a day since their fight with Sidon, and fatigue still showed greatly on their faces.

"Thank goodness you all are okay!" You sighed in relief. "I was worried that you all would've lost."

"Yeah," Riju gave a small smile and sat up a bit. "If Teba didn't return, that fight would've been lost."

"Please, you and Yunobo did most of the work," Teba shrugged off her compliment.

"Oh come on, we all did our part," Yunobo chuckled. "He's captured, and that's all that matters."

That's right. He's captured. When you got the news this morning, you were both relieved and terrified. To think that someone as powerful as him is in the very castle you're in... it brings a shiver to your spine.

"I know you must be wanting to see him," Riju said, noticing your moment of being lost in thought. "He's in the dungeons, but I suggest you be extremely careful."

"Yes, thank you!" You bowed your head and turned yourself to the door.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

The dungeon door creaked as you opened it slowly. Several prisoners in their cells gave you a slight glare.

A guard hurried to your side and kept his voice low and quiet. "Princess, what are you doing here?"

"I would like to see Sidon," you informed, immensely nervous, but desperate at the same time.

"I'm sorry, princess. Queen Zelda and King Link have ordered me to not let you see Prince Sidon. It's far too dangerous."

"Please, sir. I won't be long. You won't have to tell them, and if they find out, I will take full responsibility."

The guard looked side to side and sighed, "Fine, follow me."

The guard escorted you all the way to the end of the dungeon where there was a big, heavy metallic door with no handle, almost like the door you were locked behind at the Yiga hideout.

"We took every measure to make sure that he would be secured." The guard explained. "This door can only by opened with magnesis, and he's trapped in that indestructible Sheikah cell. I'll be waiting here, and if I hear anything go wrong, I'm coming in immediately. Understand?"

"Loud and clear," you nodded.

The guard took another deep breath and took out a Sheikah Slate hiding underneath a panel on the ground. He pressed the magnesis button and swung the doors wide open. The room was a dark grey, the only light came from the torches on either side of the door and the blue light from the energy cell Sidon was in. The Sheikah cell stood along the backside of the wall, elongated to fit the whole length of the room and line each side of the walls with energy-bars. A metal bed hung from the back wall—much too small for someone like Sidon—and a fleece green blanket draped unevenly on it.

Your eyes immediately met with Sidon's. You took a small step inside, and the doors swung closed behind you. Now it was just you two.

No words were spoken for a few minutes. You were frozen in place, unsure if he would attempt to come after you. Sidon, however, was fighting his own battle. He wanted to speak to you, but the malice kept him quiet. It was making him study you deeply, understanding every trait, strength, and weakness about you.

"Sidon..." you began walking closer to his cage, but stopped in the middle of the room. "We're finding a way to get this malice out of you. And... I forgive you for what happened last night. I know that wasn't you."