Chapter 4: Search Parties

Located in the wilds of Akkala, your brother sat on the floor in his tent looking at a map of Hyrule. He studied each area on it closely, trying to imagine every possible hiding place you could be.

It's been a full week since you've been gone, and Izaak was worried sick about you. He knew that you were capable of fighting and taking care of yourself, but he had no idea what could be happening to you in that exact moment. Of course, he thought to himself, you would not have just run off all of a sudden. Monsters would not have gotten the best of you... at least he hoped. Someone had to have taken you, and Izaak had a strong feeling that the Zora were the reason. Your father agreed with him that it was a possibility, but your mother is still skeptical. Well, whoever took you is going to pay. No one is messing with his little sister.

"Prince Izaak," one of the captains stepped into the tent. Izaak looked up at him and eagerly awaited the captain's report, "We asked travelers on the road, people in the stables, and even people in Tarry Town, but no one has a good enough lead of where Princess ____ has gone."

"I figured," Izaak sighed. "Have you gotten any word from my father?"

"Yes, he says that an appointment with King Dorephan is underway. In the meantime he sent a second search party to Gopanga Village to find any more witnesses."

"Good," Izaak looked back down at the map and stared intently at the outline of Zoras Domain. You were there somewhere, he was sure of it.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Your mother gazed out at the expanse of Hyrule Field from her and Link's bedroom balcony. Her mind has been weighed down all week about the thoughts of every possibility, every single scenario that you could be going through... or did go through. No, you had to be alive. You had to be alive somewhere.

A hand gently settled on your mother's back and she turned a bit to see your father. He was all dressed up in his Hylian's tunic. "You ok?"

She deeply sighed and looked back out towards the fields. Her hands tightly clenched the railing, "I don't know."

Your father rubbed his hand up and down her back and moved up closer to her, "We'll find her, Zelda. ____ is strong. Wherever she is, I'm sure that she's pulling through."

"I hope so," she loosened her grip on the railing. "I just can't stop imagining what could be happening to her."

"I hope we will find out soon. I sent a message to King Dorephan. Hopefully we can meet with him next week."

Zelda just could not wrap her head around the possibility that the Zora could have taken you. Why would they do such a thing? What's the point? "Do you really think the Zora could have taken her?"

"I don't know. But like I said before, it's a possibility."

"But why? Before the Calamity we were completely fine! We had a wonderful relationship with them... Mipha especially. I mean, she loved you Link! Of course many didn't know about that, but I know Dorephan knew. Now they hate us. I just don't think that they'd do something so rash!"

"A lot can change in a hundred years. In fact, it's been more than a hundred years. I mean, just think about it. When we recruited Mipha, she had to promise Dorephan that she would make it back safely. Now look where she is. One of the Zoras' most beloved people died because of our need for her. In a way, it can be viewed as our fault for Mipha's death."

Zelda looked down at her hands. Almost all of the memories of her failures came back at once. "No, it's my fault."

"Zelda, no, that's not what I meant," Link held her hand, but she pulled away. "Zelda, I thought we were past this."

"You don't understand," Zelda folded her arms. "I've never truly got past it... and I don't think I will."

A knock came from their bedroom door. Both of them walked back into the room and Link opened the door. A servant stood there humbly and she bowed, "Forgive me for the intrusion King Link, but General Wyatt has requested you down in the dungeons."

"Thank you, I'll head down there immediately," Link nodded his head and the servant bowed again and quickly returned to her other duties. Link walked towards Zelda and put his hands on her shoulders, "We'll talk more later. Hang in there, alright? Things will get better. I'm sure of it." Zelda nodded and Link gently kissed her cheek. He then walked out of the room and closed the door behind him.

Zelda could only hope that Link was right.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Muzu stood on the pedestal while Dorephan sat exhausted on his throne. The green stingray rambled on and on about the issues with you and the Hylians. All these issues troubled Dorephan, but his eyes lit up at the sight of his dear son walking into the room. Muzu noticed Dorephan's reaction and turned around to Sidon.

"Back already?" Dorephan said a bit surprised.

"Yes," Sidon answered firmly, "and there's no need to ask how she's doing. You already know what I am going to say." He looked more closely at his father's and Muzu's expression. It was clear that they were just talking about a very important matter, and as much as he wanted to give his mind a break from this whole kidnapping situation, he knew that it was his duty to help with everything he can. "What's wrong now?"

"Link has just sent us a letter insisting that he meets with us," Dorephan informed. Sidon only sighed. He expected that something like this would pop up eventually.

"King Dorephan, I believe you are putting this all too kindly," Muzu huffed. "Link is threatening that if we don't accept his proposal, he will use force! He's threatening to invade our home if we refuse!"

Sidon shook his head. You reminding him of Mipha shook him quite a bit. Seeing Link was most definitely going to throw him off mentally and emotionally.

"I say we refuse and fight back!" Muzu insisted. "We can't just let these Hylians tell us what to do. We can't let them get to us!"

"I understand, Muzu," Dorephan said gently, trying to appease the old stingray. "I don't want them coming into our home either, but we must cooperate if we don't want to be suspected. Remember that it is not just Hylians blaming us. The Gerudo, Rito, and Gorons are all blaming us as well. We need to clear our name."

"Ugh, Sidon, what do you think?" Muzu stared at Sidon intently, hoping that his answer would be different. "Are you just going to let those selfish Hylians invade our home?"

Sidon heavily sighed, wishing that none of this happened in the first place. Of course he did not want Link and his army to be snooping around the Domain, but he understood where his father was coming from. If they are able to clear themselves of your disappearance, then no one would be pointing fingers at them anymore. But if the Zoras aren't getting blamed, who would get blamed next? Monsters? Some random Hylians? No, it would be something much more believable... something like the Yiga holding you for ransom. Maybe your idea was believable.

"The plan is simple," Sidon walked closer to the pedestal. "We tell Link he can come investigate here next week. Before him and his army get here, we trade ____ to the Yiga. Then by the time Link gets here, there will be no sign of ____ ever being here."

"Yes," Dorephan nodded, proud of his son's cleverness. "We must prepare at once. Muzu, gather the other council members for a meeting. We have much to discuss."

"Yes, King Dorephan!" Muzu bowed and walked out of the throne room.

Sidon looked up at his father. He slipped a smirk as he saw his father's proud expression. "What's wrong now?" Sidon teased.

"I'm just so proud of you," Dorephan breathed out. "The Domain will be in great hands once I am gone."