Chapter 15: Murderous Eyes

Master Raikin and his bladmasters walked into Sidon's cell. The prince glared at them and quickly moved forward as far as he could, hoping to get his hands on one of them. The blademaster and Mandy stumbled back a bit, but Master Raikin didn't even flinch.

"Where is ____?!" Sidon snapped.

"Relax, hammerhead," Raikin slightly laughed. "We had a little visit with her yesterday and one just now. I assure you, she's alive and well."

Sidon clenched his fists, "I swear, when I get out of these chains, I'm going to kill you!"

"Oh no, what a nightmare," Raikin said mockingly. "Have you thought about my proposal?" He folded his arms and walked farther into the cell.

"My answer is still no," Sidon growled.

He sighed, "You know, I've always heard about how you were beyond intimidating, both in your looks and your personality. Although, it seems that ever since you've met Princess ____, you've changed. Your actions, your thoughts, she's completely manipulated you into someone different. You're soft."

"What are you talking about?" Sidon looked at him disgusted. "She has not manipulated me. If anything I was the one who manipulated her!" He angrily sighed, "Listen, you can try to sweet talk and torture me all you want, but I'm still going to refuse. I'm never going to join your side."

"You say that, but I'm confident I can convince you."

"I'd like to see you try!" Sidon taunted.

"Fine then, I will," he held his hand out to his side. 167 opened up the small box he was holding and handed a vial with purple liquid to him. "Mandy," Master Raikin gave the vial to her, "tell the cooks to bring out two of their finest soups." He then whispered something to her and told her to have the vial mixed with the soup, but Sidon wasn't able to hear it. Mandy nodded and hurried out of the cell.

"I don't know what you just told her, but whatever you have planned, I doubt it will work."

"Don't judge too soon, my friend," he sat down and Sidon did as well. He could sense Raikin glaring at him intensely. "You'd be surprised at how convincing I can be."

After an excruciating ten minutes of Raikin being all annoying and sinister, Mandy hurried in with a tray of two bowls of soup. She handed one to Master Raikin and handed the other one to Sidon. The Zora Prince looked down at his. The broth was a muddy purple and there were carrots and potatoes chunks in it. He swirled his spoon in it, the purple broth's thick consistency alarming him.

"Now what is this?" Sidon asked, peering over to Raikin's soup. Surprisingly, his soup looked identical to Sidon's.

"It's our clan's signature soup: the Calamity Special! The purple broth is a representation of our great Lord Ganon! The broth is colored from beets and purple carrots."

"Yeah..." Sidon looked at him suspiciously, "you sure the liquid in that vial isn't part of this recipe?"

"That liquid was in fact the broth!" Master Raikin insisted. "Obviously you wouldn't know. It's something that only us Yiga know about."

The skeptical prince looked down at the soup again and pushed it away from himself. "Thanks, but no thanks. I'm not that hungry." Sidon stared him down and Raikin adjusted his mask. "You really think giving me food was going to persuade me?"

The master sighed, annoyed at how stubborn Sidon was being, "Mandy, return the food to the chefs." Mandy nodded and promptly took the soups back to the chefs. Raikin then stood up and walked out of the cell. "167, lock up the cell!" The other blademaster then followed after him and quickly locked Sidon's cell up.