3: Say Bye-Bye

"We're going out today." Shigaraki pointlessly informed the kid. It didn't matter what they were going to say. 

But they said something anyways, mouth full of microwavable rice and red eyes wide with excitment. "Where're we going?" They asked. 

"Don't talk with your mouth full." The villain scolded, furrowing how brow. Kids had awful table manners. Then again, he was practically perched in his seat, so who was he to talk. 

The toddler just continued to eat, face almost entirely obscured by the table because Tomura had nothing for a booster seat. 

"We're just running some errands. Getting food and stuff." Tomura answered. "There's nothing in the cabinets and I need some more garbage bags. And you need something to wear.". 

"Your shirts are comfy." The toddler protested. 

"Stop talking with your mouth full." Shigaraki reminded them. The kid huffed but complied, closing their mouth to finished chewing. 

"All done." They said, placing the little bowl and takeout plastic spoon on the table. 

Shigaraki took both of their bowls up and, after looking at the sink which was overflowing with dirty dishes, decided to place them both on the counter. 

"Can we get toys on the err-ants?" The toddler asked. 

"Errands." Tomura corrected. "And maybe if you're good.". 

The kid beamed at that. "I'm gonna be the best!" They proclaimed. 

----------- ---------- --------- ---------- ---------- --------- ---------- ----------- 

Shigaraki, perhaps ill-advisedly, left the kid alone in his apartment while he went to the nearest store that sold children's clothes. 

When he came back the place was worse than he had left it and a very guilty looking baby bear sitting in the middle of the disaster. 

Okay, don't leave the two year old alone for any stretch of time. Noted. 

"What did you do?" The villain asked, shocked. "Why did you turn into a bear?!". He, predictably, got a random bear noise in response. "Turn back into a human right now." He practically hissed.

The toddler obeyed. "Bear on tv..." They began sheepishly. Tomura groaned. 

"Do you just turn into everything you see?" He asked rhetorically. Unsurprisingly though, the kid nodded. 

"I'm going to have to buy more cleaning supplies." Shigaraki groaned. "You'd better not have damaged the walls. This place is a rental and I'm close to getting kicked out anyways.". 

He grabbed a nearby scrap of paper-a reminder from Kurogiri to do some real evil plotting-and flipped it over. He started writing down a list of everything he needed. He wasn't going to tolerate error in this. Not even with the brat following him around. 

He didn't go out very often, so when he did it had to be optimized for shortest time spent around other people. 

"Alright. Do you know how to put clothes on?" Tomura asked. The kid shook their head. He sighed heavily. "Come on, we don't have all day.".

Through that outing Shigaraki had learned that there was different underwear for boys and girls, even at such a young age. The kid didn't really....well they didn't....

Okay, he had to stop being vague. The kid didn't have either parts. 

Tomura's current running theory was that the kid couldn't transform into something until they saw it for themselves. The kid probably hadn't ever seen someone's genitals before, therefore their quirk didn't really know what to do.